Nicole Powell...Most Improved Player!!

from WNBA.com
http://www.wnba.com/features/awards05_mostimproved.html

Sacramento’s Nicole Powell Named 2005 WNBA Most Improved Player

NEW YORK, Sept. 2 – Monarchs forward Nicole Powell was named the 2005 WNBA Most Improved Player of the Year, receiving 20 of a possible 49 votes from a national panel of sportswriters and broadcasters, the WNBA announced today.

Powell made the most of her off-season trade to Sacramento from Charlotte by posting career highs in points (10.7 ppg), rebounds (3.6 rpg), steals (1.15 spg), assists (1.8 apg), three-point field-goal percentage (.415), free-throw percentage (.806) and minutes played (29.1 mpg).

Powell led the league in most three-pointers made (66), and ranked ninth in league in three-point field goal percentage and 15th in free throw percentage. She finished the season as Sacramento’s third leading scorer and fourth leading rebounder.

As the WNBA Most Improved Player of the Year, Powell will receive a Tiffany-designed trophy and $5,000.

CONGRATS NICOLE!!

Yahooo! Today keeps getting better and better, now we need to get a W tonight and it'll be a great day. Congrats Nicole! That's my gurl! :D

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Another well deserved honor received by a member of our Monarchs.

Congratulations, Nicole!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No, actually - that's MY girl!!! ;)

I picked Powell right from the beginning. :D

Whooooooooot!!!!!

WTG, Nicole!!!

VF21 said:
No, actually - that's MY girl!!! ;)

I picked Powell right from the beginning. :D

Whooooooooot!!!!!

WTG, Nicole!!!
LOL...oh, ok, my bad!! Well I said it from the beginning too. She's talented, and got a little recognition with this MIP award. One more time:

YEA, NICOLE!!!