NFL 2024-2025 Thread

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This sorta feels like a repeat of the year where Jimmy G had to lead a random twenty point comeback in the last game of the season against the eventual champions just to get the Niners into the postseason. Pretty sure we had a game where the Niners went kickerless that season too

Niners aren’t getting it done in the red zone. All season long. Some of that is on Brock. Very shoddy work in the second half.

Mason blew it. He’s obviously been very good but a fumble and matador blocking basically sold the game.

Defense is the most mediocre since the team became good in 2019. Discounting the completely lost 2020 season..which this season feels like it’s heading.

Secondary still sucks. It’s always sucked through this entire window and nobody seems to want to do anything about it. Ineffective pressure. Terrible tackling.

Help isn’t really on the way either. We don’t know when CMC is coming back. His injuries sound pretty serious and indefinite to me. When he does come back I don’t think it’s instant fireworks if we’re talking about both Achilles and missing half the season.

We don’t know when Greenlaw comes back but same…Who knows how long it will take him to get back in the swing of things or even if he comes back the same at all. Team is missing him big time.

And worst of all, the team has been kinda boring. They haven’t been fun to watch. Even last week my eyes were glazing over watching them cruise to victory against NE because they simply weren’t very impressive.

I don’t know if the window is shut, but it’s shutting and it’s mainly because the defense seems far away from the dominant group many of us were counting on but aren’t dominant

Yeah, team just isn't it. I think we probably still are a playoff team? But we certainly aren't a world-beater squad that's a NFC favorite.

This is also precisely why you go pay the QB. So you don't have to worry about fall-off from a pile of overpriced vets not performing up to standard. Pay Brock and start over.