NFL 2024-2025 Thread

Who is mahomes doing it with? Literally no one. Plus his teams undefeated. And they are working on a three peat. Please don't compare Brock to mahomes who may go down as the best QB to ever play the game. Its just not fair to brock at all.

Teams that pay their QB's max money always tend to regret it, except with mahomes. There was a reason why the last couple of years was the best chance for the 49ers to win. Because they weren't paying an outrageous sum to their QB and they were able to spend on everything else. My vote is to continue that. Look what shannahan did with jimmy who everyone now agrees was an extremely flawed QB. He took jimmy and this team to the exact same spot he was at with Brock. He can do it again with another Darnold, Mayfield type QB. If they max out brock it'll be back to mediocrity.
Alright, who? We let Purdy walk, who's the replacement?

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who is mahomes doing it with? Literally no one. Plus his teams undefeated. And they are working on a three peat. Please don't compare Brock to mahomes who may go down as the best QB to ever play the game. Its just not fair to brock at all.

Teams that pay their QB's max money always tend to regret it, except with mahomes. There was a reason why the last couple of years was the best chance for the 49ers to win. Because they weren't paying an outrageous sum to their QB and they were able to spend on everything else. My vote is to continue that. Look what shannahan did with jimmy who everyone now agrees was an extremely flawed QB. He took jimmy and this team to the exact same spot he was at with Brock. He can do it again with another Darnold, Mayfield type QB. If they max out brock it'll be back to mediocrity.
As I noted above, the 49ers also made that extremelly flawed QB the highest paid player in football. Good QBs get paid. Unless your plan is just to get a new retread QB every season at some point you have to pay a premium for the most important single position in all of sports.