NFL 2020-21 Season

You’re a fool for not swinging for the fences. I’ll eat my hat if McCorkle turns into Brees or Brady or any of the other unathletic seemingly unimpressive QBs of past drafts that the Mac believers are so sure he’s going to be,,. But come on, he’s probably not. Lol
I've no idea what Kyle is looking for, he's won (well, placed second) with pretty boring QBs, I've no problem with swinging for the fences but I'm not sure if that plays to Kyle's strengths.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I've no idea what Kyle is looking for, he's won (well, placed second) with pretty boring QBs, I've no problem with swinging for the fences but I'm not sure if that plays to Kyle's strengths.
Kyle has such a great offensive mind it absolutely blows my mind he refuses to mold some athletic QB skills into his playbook. Having a linebacker having to step up to spy? Seems like just the threat would open some things up.

How can you watch Russ and Kyler from within your own division and think, “Yeah? That’s totally unnecessary.”

For me it's not even about mobility, though all things being equal that's a nice bonus. From what I've seen I think Fields is a better pocket passer than Mac Jones or Trey Lance. He's got more arm strength than Jones and he's more accurate on deep balls than Lance. I was initially nervous about Fields because I saw some of those egregious mistakes when he held the ball too long or forced passes into tight coverage that just weren't there. But having watched a lot more footage now, he's beat the pressure more often than not and usually with his arm not his feet. So I see those as correctable flaws whereas Mac Jones lacking zip on long throws or bypassing better reads to hit the check down could lead to him washing out in the NFL. Trey Lance is a super athlete but he didn't face strong enough competition in college that I feel I can draw too many conclusions from his tape. We gave up a lot to roll the dice on those kinds of question marks.

Personally I think only one of these three is an NFL QB. I also think Shanahan knows this. He's been through two epic 4th quarter collapses in the Super Bowl now so it should be as obvious to him as it is to us that you're not going to be able to scheme receivers open consistently in the NFL. Eventually you need a QB who can find that small window and deliver the ball on target before the defense can react. I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes and how much of this is just the usual talking heads hot air we get around draft season in every sport. In general I feel like Shanahan is the offensive guru, he should know better than I do what skills will translate in his offense. It just makes me nervous when I watch the tape and one of these guys looks like he's night and day better than every QB in this draft not named Trevor Lawrence and somehow that's the guy we're being told is not under consideration. It's just very strange.

I hate to say but it seems like if you weren't trading into the top 2 moving to #3 this year for a QB gonna make you either a genius or a fool and zero in between.
Yeah, was hoping they went for a CB or EDGE at 12 and QB in the 2nd round or 3rd - take a stab at a QB but dont start trading extra picks. Its going "all-in"..

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I just hope beyond hope this is the biggest smokescreen / troll job ever to throw the Jets off the scent of how amazing Justin Fields really is.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Yeah, was hoping they went for a CB or EDGE at 12 and QB in the 2nd round or 3rd - take a stab at a QB but dont start trading extra picks. Its going "all-in"..
I’d much rather have Mond or Davis in the second than Mac at three. I’d have been just fine with Mac at 12. Hell, even if they “only” traded up to 6-8 it would be acceptable ... but not at three.

I’d much rather have Mond or Davis in the second than Mac at three. I’d have been just fine with Mac at 12. Hell, even if they “only” traded up to 6-8 it would be acceptable ... but not at three.
Was thinking the Wake Forest QB at later rounds, and then go defense.. Now they've mortgaged away their picks - an assumption that they will be in the playoffs next year. The D-Linemen and QB have to come back and stay healthy. Their backup QBs stunk it up - no Steve Young waiting in the wings for Montana.. I liked trading up for the receiver last year, but this year may be fairly disappointing.. Indeed, they already paid too heavy a price for moving up They need to get it right - I guess we're gonna find out their judgement of talent.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Was thinking the Wake Forest QB at later rounds, and then go defense.. Now they've mortgaged away their picks - an assumption that they will be in the playoffs next year. The D-Linemen and QB have to come back and stay healthy. Their backup QBs stunk it up - no Steve Young waiting in the wings for Montana.. I liked trading up for the receiver last year, but this year may be fairly disappointing.. Indeed, they already paid too heavy a price for moving up They need to get it right - I guess we're gonna find out their judgement of talent.
They’re going to be last place again, I’ve already accepted it. To mortgage the future to upgrade your QB from the distant 4th worst in the division to ::::checks notes:::: distant fourth worst is inexcusable.

This pick and simply saying “Lol NO!” to Tom Brady will be the story of the ShanaLynch era. Not the almost Super Bowl.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Packers leaking a huge trade package they arbitrarily made up only for Rodgers’s actual trade value to crater with a Schefter is somehow only the second dumbest sports team celebrating before crossing the goalline trade moment in Wisconsin over the last year.