NFL 2020-21 Season

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Then the Niners trade their 3rd RB (who was getting a huge pay bump this season) for a higher 5th round pick than the one they traded for Trent Williams and use it to draft... Williams’ potential replacement at tackle?

Matt Breida for a one-year rental of Trent Williams? I'd do that.

I was skeptical of Lynch the first couple years but I think most of the recent moves have been really good ones.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Jauan Jennings was once a QB recruit ranked higher than both Lamar Jackson and Joe Burrows. Converted to WR and lacks some of the explosiveness you'd like to see from a draft pick in his combine numbers. Then you see his enthusiasm and sheer emotion getting drafted and th highlight reels where he's literally dragging entire defenses on his back into the endzone and you almost can't help but get the feeling that ShanaLynch have found another late-round gem.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer

Jauan Jennings was once a QB recruit ranked higher than both Lamar Jackson and Joe Burrows. Converted to WR and lacks some of the explosiveness you'd like to see from a draft pick in his combine numbers. Then you see his enthusiasm and sheer emotion getting drafted and th highlight reels where he's literally dragging entire defenses on his back into the endzone and you almost can't help but get the feeling that ShanaLynch have found another late-round gem.
Kyle Shanahan may have replaced most of Sanders' skillset with Brandon Aiyuk but we can't forget about one of the best plays of the season:

Now we've got that covered too. :) Doesn't hurt to add another potential red-zone weapon while we're at it. Speed isn't all that important on first and goal and that's where we've often found ourselves stalling out the last few years.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'll admit it. I am VERY impressed with what the 49ers have done with their roster. SLAB notwithstanding, I think 49er fans are gonna be really happy.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'll admit it. I am VERY impressed with what the 49ers have done with their roster. SLAB notwithstanding, I think 49er fans are gonna be really happy.
Everything but the QB has me pretty stoked. A lot of pressure on Kinlaw to be sure, but I’m excited to see how he handles it.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Deebo broke his foot today. Says 10 weeks, which puts him back at preseason week 2. At least I already have major letdown expectations for the upcoming season. lol

Also Shanahan got an extension earlier this week.

Deebo broke his foot today. Says 10 weeks, which puts him back at preseason week 2. At least I already have major letdown expectations for the upcoming season. lol

Also Shanahan got an extension earlier this week.
I’d be shocked if he’s back in 10 weeks. I’m thinking if all goes smoothly and no setbacks, he’ll be back week 5 vs MIA. These kind of foot fractures are tricky and can can have long term effects. Good news is they at least said the surgery went perfect today.
Glad to see the niners can’t catch a break, no pun intended, with injuries

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’d be shocked if he’s back in 10 weeks. I’m thinking if all goes smoothly and no setbacks, he’ll be back week 5 vs MIA. These kind of foot fractures are tricky and can can have long term effects. Good news is they at least said the surgery went perfect today.
Glad to see the niners can’t catch a break, no pun intended, with injuries
For example; Trent Taylor had the same surgery and got nowhere near a football field last season.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
For example; Trent Taylor had the same surgery and got nowhere near a football field last season.
To be fair, Trent Taylor missed the season because his initial surgery went awry, got infected and things spiraled out of control from there AND his injury happened during training camp, which is literally weeks before the season as opposed to the months (if not more) we have now.

yeah he had all sorts of infections Post surgery. He was a really extreme case. I think it took Sammy Watkins 2 years to get back as well. But from what I have read from a piece by Rapoport it actually seems like this is a fairly normal injury and he should be fine as long as he does not rush back. Will try to find the piece

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
We know Deebo is legit though. If the Niners were going to lose a wideout for 3 months, better it be Deebo than Taylor, Hurd, Aiyuk, Jennings, or Pettis. This way the guys who need reps will get more reps and then when Deebo gets himself healthy, even if it's not until week 5, we'll have a better idea of who in that group is ready to step up this season and be the second/third options when Kittle and Deebo draw the focus of the defense.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I understand why you’d pay Mahomes what the Chiefs are going to pay him but damn they’re gonna have to draft well in order to remain competitive. (And also apparently aren’t worried about re-signing Chris Jones)