NFL 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Just reaffirms my thoughts on the Niners. Shanny is an awesome offensive coordinator but a poor coach.
Other than the botched play inside the 10 that almost led to a loss (that I admit I immediately overreacted to) what about yesterday’s game said poor coach?

Most of the turnovers (I am still confused what the 4th quarter one was even trying to accomplish... was it a direct snap? Was the guy just out of position? Was it snapped early?) had very little to do with coaching, and a team with bad coaching would have rolled over and died after all the mistakes.

Other than the botched play inside the 10 that almost led to a loss (that I admit I immediately overreacted to) what about yesterday’s game said poor coach?

Most of the turnovers (I am still confused what the 4th quarter one was even trying to accomplish... was it a direct snap? Was the guy just out of position? Was it snapped early?) had very little to do with coaching, and a team with bad coaching would have rolled over and died after all the mistakes.
I think that snap in the 4th was just the ball being snapped too early or Richie James being out of position. He acted like he wanted no part of catching it, which leads me to believe that it wasn't intended to be a direct snap.

I mean obviously stuff like Brieda fumbling that ball into the air and Mostert fumbling down in the red zone aren't specifically Shanahan's fault but it's like a cumulative thing that I've seen with the team since he's been coaching. Just way too many ugly, goofy games where important plays are affected by dumb penalties, decisions and mistakes by the players. Maybe it's just bad luck and even Belichick couldn't do anything with them but I feel like the good coaches of the league don't really shoot themselves in the foot quite like Shanahan's teams have. It could just be the personnel. They could be talented but dumb, but I always think that good coaching takes care of the dumb part.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Seems to me they’re going in the right direction. The talent part is now taken care of, and they’re learning how to actually be a good team.

Talk to me later if they lose two in a row (or even after his next bad offensive play call), and I’ll be ready to fire him again! Lol

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Maybe a little more than I'd like to have paid, but the WR market is hot and the opportunity for the Niners is too great to be stingy.
I was hoping they would go after AJ Green, but I’m in no position to complain. The Niners receiving core was kind of a mess with the top made only of mediocre slot receivers.

I still hate the Deebo Samuel pick so much. Everything could have been so much easier if they just drafted the right guy in DK Metcalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.