NFL 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Just imagine if the Niners out-thought themselves and skipped the most pro-ready Star for a long term but high upside project? (Sup Cards)

I KID I KID GO NINERS!

Last edited:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Oh they're winning with swagger now. I see you Niners! Knowing how far this group has come in just a few years makes it that much more special. They were a joke in Kyle Shanahan's first season as head coach and even last season the defense was getting blown out more often than not. They're championship level now. I'm proud of the players and the coaches for sticking with their game plan and slowly building this team into a juggernaut one piece at a time. And they're doing this with injury fill-ins at both tackle positions and outside corner and no fullback. Top to bottom this is a squad that's going to do serious damage in the playoffs and that takes some of the sting out of the Kings' early season struggles.

I was wrong about Shanahan. His play calling has the defenses on their heels all game. The defense is probably the best I've ever seen from any Niners team. Jimmy G has an obvious problem with throwing interceptions this year and he has him making easy high percentage throws that keep the chains moving all game.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
A few seasons ago the Patriots had Jimmy G and Jacoby Brissett backing up Tom Brady, as of this evening they are a combined 20-2 as starters this season. :eek:

It would have been insane to move on from Tom but damn life after TB12 gonna be rough if they don't land a successor of that quality.

I admit being completely wrong on Robert Saleh. I would have fired him after his first season because he looked like he was completely overmatched. He looked like he didn’t have a clue. Even last season. He looked like he didn’t know how to make the needed adjustment. This season, he was handed the tools he needed and he is coaching a gem of a defensive game right now. The guy just needed time and the right players to show what kind of defensive coordinator he really is.

I love Bosa’s sheepish demeanor. Then he morphs into a beast monster on the field. It’s amazing.
He has some of the best sack celebrations: the flag planting, slip and slide dive, the shrug like "How do I do it? I don't even know."

The Niners got really lucky to have a franchise-changing player fall to them at the #2 pick, and they took him!

He has some of the best sack celebrations: the flag planting, slip and slide dive, the shrug like "How do I do it? I don't even know."

The Niners got really lucky to have a franchise-changing player fall to them at the #2 pick, and they took him!
I always liked Aldon Smith's when he sprinted off the field and sat on the bench like nothing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.