New Kings Might Not Play Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard Jason Ross say that the new guys might not play tonight because Vasquez has not passed his physical yet. Hope he gets it done today!!!
That would be extremely disappointing. Is there a problem with him passing the physical or has he just not had it done yet? I can't imagine anything being wrong with him since he's been on the court and playing just fine the past couple of weeks.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I presume he is not a US citizen. I wonder if the three could play as GV fussed with his visa. If the problem is not a physical problem ...... never mind, he still has to pass a physical and to pass the physical he has to get to Toronto. The trade depends on him and there could still be a question about his ankle. This is a little disappointing but we have proven we don't need Rudy, right? ;)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I would be sad. Greivis does not want a sad Capt., so Greivis really ought to get to the doctor posthaste.

I am glad because we get to see if a starting DW can prove Tuesday was no fluke, though I'm not sure this game will be such a good barometer. Wouldn't mind to lose even, being short handed...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I believe that this can actually be waived by the receiving team (Toronto), and its possible that as his old boss Ujiri might be willing to do that for PDA. On the other hand given that Greivis had the ankle issue this summer, The Raptors might not be willing to waive it, although its impossible to think of the trade being rescinded now days after it was done.

K

KingMilz

Favors and Williams expected to play for the Jazz, that Cousins vs Favors match up can't wait.

GV is going through customs right now - confirmed. It's now 6PM in Toronto I assume if they're on daylight savings time. At 6PM our time coach will to have his players listed on roster as active or inactive list. The clock ticks and it's 3 hours from now to know for sure if Gay (and the rest) can play tonight.

Looks like GV is unlikely to get physical tonight (and it is night in Toronto) as Raptors media says he has physical scheduled for tomorrow. They could have waived it several days ago but they didn't and likely won't.

S

sactownfan

shocking that Vasquez is slow at getting himself in TOR. What a jokeā€¦ Im seriously so glad he's gone. he was the #1 reason we got off to slow starts every game. IT would have to come in and bail us out every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.