New Arena bits

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There will be. We had a target date coming up for release of information. You know,wanting to make sure we had our ducks in a row, etc. I'll once again defer to Bricklayer for any additional info...

You'll all hear about it without too much more delay. Believe me, we are not going to be modest about asking for help or support.

:D

VF21 said:
There will be. We had a target date coming up for release of information. You know,wanting to make sure we had our ducks in a row, etc. I'll once again defer to Bricklayer for any additional info...

You'll all hear about it without too much more delay. Believe me, we are not going to be modest about asking for help or support.

Modesty is SOOO minor league;)

W

West_Gunslinger16

It looks like almost all of you want to change the arena. But why? My guess is you want more people to get in rather than 17,000+++ people a night to make a really deafening noise. Man, Steve Nash can't shoot 90% FT when he's deaf.

Last edited by a moderator:
VF21 said:

Feels like we've been waiting forever to see the site. ;)

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
D-Mass said:
Sites like cafepress.com allow you to upload graphics to design your own t-shirts...they show you a preview image of what your shirt will look like and they always look fake. It's just your uploaded image superimposed over a blank shirt...not necessarily a hoax.
Thanks! I just thought that the pics of the shirts looked fake. This would be a good expanation of why. I'd still feel much better about getting something from something started by someone here than some guy I don't know without positive feedback first....

I sure hope that this is not just one of those cheesy schemes to make money off an emotional and vunerable Sacramento fan-base. There are legitimate efforts taking place to unify fan support. We don't need a "false Mahdi" at this point.

This is the response I got in answer to my e-mail query. Make of it what you will. (He can be contacted thru the website.)

Hi,

Thanks for writing. Right now because the site is so small, I am ordering the shirts in small quanities so between the cost of the shirts, the taxes I have to pay on any sales, and the monthly cost of the website there is little profit to speak of Of course when selling products there are the usual
requirements of a business license and taxes that are due to the government.
I started the site myself with the hope that it will generate enough attention to make a difference, so in the sprit of full disclosure, there is nobody in an official capacity to supervise to make sure the funds are spent correctly toward the ultimate goal of a new arena, except for my mother (who actually may be stricter than some watchdog groups). If the demand for tee shirts and bumper stickers is great enough and there is money made you will hopefully start to see banners hanging from the second deck of Kings games and much bigger signs that can’t be ignored. In my mind this site, the stickers and shirts are only the beginning.

Thank you for the support,

Michael O’Neill

It's not like many of you know me personally, but I can vouch for the creator of this site. Mike is a friend of mine. I can guarantee you the site, T-shirts, and bumper stickers are completely ligit. I don't know how effective the whole campaign will be, but getting it on the news will at least add some visibility. I wish there was more focus on an arena for Sacramento instead of an arena for the Kings and their fans, but I know that he is just getting started.

keflanag said:
I wish there was more focus on an arena for Sacramento instead of an arena for the Kings and their fans, but I know that he is just getting started.
Yeah, same as my sentiment above, but I'm glad there are people trying to do something.

Last edited:
Taken from the website:

My motivation for building this site and why I want a new arena.

My name is Michael, I am a 30 year old Kings Fan with a little bit of technicial computer skill. This is important only in the fact that I was able to build this site using that skill. I am by no means a web designer which is why you are not going to see too many fancy graphics. If you read the home page then you know that the main goal of the site is to draw attention to the fact that there are fans out there that want a new arena so a fancy graphics are not really necessary.

I am pretty much in favor of whatever it takes to keep the Kings here. Yes, I would pay higher taxes and even a higher seat price if it meant the Kings staying. That is how much I want them to stay. I have been called stupid for my stance and I have heard all the arguments against a new arena. These arguments are valid and make good points but after all those good points are made I still want a new arena. My job does not pay great money and I don't own a house. I have a modest savings and that is about it. I say this because I only get to go to about three Kings games a year and I can barely afford the ones I go to but I STILL want a new arena. I still want the Kings to stay. I watch them on TV and if they leave and I have to buy the league pass at $189.00 every year so I would gladly give $189.00 a year to support a new arena. It is easy for me to say I would pay higher taxes and higher ticket prices, I 'm not married and I have very few financial obligations so higher taxes wouldn't affect me too much. I am sure there are others like me that want to see a new arena at *almost* any cost.

The Maloof's are business men and they are going to do what is good for their business. It stands to reason that if they can go to another city and make more money in a brand new arena that is exactly what they are going to do. They can't come out and say this because business at the level theirs is at also involves politics and you have to be careful what you say. It is simply a fact that business want to make money and when it comes down to it, the loyalty to the city will lose the battle to higher profits.

I can't blame them for wanting to make more money, I would too. I know the Maloofs are billionaires and this was a big argument in the past about funding a new arena but simply put, I don't care that they are billionaires that doesn't change my reality. I want the team to stay and if it means me paying higher taxes so the rich get richer, in this case I will do it. I am the average working person, I go to work Monday through Friday 8 to 5 and get two weeks of vacation a year, but one of the simple things in life that I enjoy is sitting down with a beer and watching these athletes do things that most of us can't, I get enjoyment out of it. I get excited during the playoffs, I get nervous before a big matchup with a rival, I yell at the refs through my TV screen and jump up and down when Bibby hits the big shot.

You want to know what Sacramento is without the Kings? We're Omaha, Nebraska......we're Mesa, Arizona.....we're Fresno. All of those Cities have about our population and a Wal-Mart and a Sears, but those cities don't have a major league sports team. That is what the Kings do for Sacramento. It can't be measured in dollars and cents. If we don't get a new arena and the Kings leave Phil Jackson will be right, we're just a cow town, good thing we have all those bells.

--Mike

Last edited by a moderator: