New Arena bits

I started to order a sticker and thought about a shirt but then pulled back and posted here. I like the idea but not if I'm lining dude's pocket.

kennadog said:
Unfortunately, he's already got some major jerk posting in there who also happens to be practically illiterate or incoherant.:rolleyes:
Even more unfortunately, that type seems to be drawn to message boards like a moth to the flame.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Just a word to the wise....if you do not know who you are dealing with, be extremely careful. I am not saying that this is a dishonest person, but how do we know we will be getting anything we order?

LOL Wow. Look at this gem..

YOU WANT IT THAT BAD, THEN GO SELL YOUR FRICKIN HOMES, THEN YOU CAN HAVE YOUR ARENA. This reminds me of Willie Brown trying to a new 49ers stadium, but that nevered happens, so will the voters never will. This money should be used for AFFORDABLE HOUSING FOR people in the community. Crooked politician who dont know what to spend, but taxpayer to pay for it. PLEASE GIVE A FRICKIN BREAK. Go live in San Francisco, or the bay area, so that you can learn what where the in money should be going, for example. Transportation (to reduce traffic), Affordable Low-income housing, ETC. If you want an arena then go build one in your own backyard and invite your friends and sell tickets, maybe thats a good to pay for the arena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6th said:
Just a word to the wise....if you do not know who you are dealing with, be extremely careful. I am not saying that this is a dishonest person, but how do we know we will be getting anything we order?
No doubt, 6th. Although this guy was in his home on TV, watching TV, the Kings @Wolves game when this aired. Channel 13 to be exact. Not that it means anything money wise.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Looks fake. Look closely at the T-shirts - I think it is a picture of a guy in a black shirt and the text is superimposed - no wrinkles or variation at all.

Anyone can open a website, I'd be careful....

nebs said:
This guy is for real. He was interviewed in his home on KOVR 13 News in El Dorado Hills. He was wearing that exact shirt.
NICE! I'll be ordering a few shirts for my roommates and me. Hey VF, whats the status on your 'project' in support of a new arena?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
6th said:
My question too. Who is behind this? It doesn't say (where I can find it).
There is a part on the site that says the guy, "Michael," is a fan who doesn't want the Kings to leave.

I understand that. What I don't understand is how us spending money for t-shirts and bumper stickers is going to help the cause.

Well, I actually looked at costs for bumper stickers not too long ago, with the same general idea. It may not be the best idea and certainly isn't the only possible idea, but I just feel like people who want a new arena are invisible. How does that group begin to promote themselves and what they support in a way that gets noticed? My fear, of course, is finding out that those who do want a new arena are actually a very small number.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Circa_1985_Fan said:
NICE! I'll be ordering a few shirts for my roommates and me. Hey VF, whats the status on your 'project' in support of a new arena?
It's not "my" project, but there is something in the works that we're getting pretty excited about. I'd rather Bricklayer addressed the question, because he's more in tune with what's happening than I at this point.

I applaud this guy's enthusiasm but I don't quite understand where the money he raises off the sale of the shirts and bumper stickers is going to go and how it will help get a new arena built.

But hey... I'm sure there are going to be a lot of different efforts going on and if it gets a new arena back on track, then it's all good.

I would just caution people about spending their hard-earned money on any "arena" thing that comes down the road unless they've done some research. Yes, it was on the news but did they actually explain how the funds raised were going to be used?

Warhawk said:
Looks fake. Look closely at the T-shirts - I think it is a picture of a guy in a black shirt and the text is superimposed - no wrinkles or variation at all.

Anyone can open a website, I'd be careful....
Sites like cafepress.com allow you to upload graphics to design your own t-shirts...they show you a preview image of what your shirt will look like and they always look fake. It's just your uploaded image superimposed over a blank shirt...not necessarily a hoax.

VF21 said:
There is a part on the site that says the guy, "Michael," is a fan who doesn't want the Kings to leave.

I understand that. What I don't understand is how us spending money for t-shirts and bumper stickers is going to help the cause.
My guess is that its a visability thing, that costs a little. I know custom T-shirts go for anywhere from $15-$20, so thats reasonable. If this is going to work, there has to be 1000 people like Michael that put projects together like this that bring people together in masses. I hope there will be 1000 websites dedicated to this, just to show the mass support and perhaps get city council a very large wake up call to get going on this NOW and not 6 months-1 year from now. Thats the only way this is going to work.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Giving the city council a wake up call is more in line with what our group is going to be looking at...

;)

Circa_1985_Fan said:
My guess is that its a visability thing, that costs a little.
That's my feeling. As a supporter of a new arena, I've just felt invisible. The powers-that-be have to get the idea that there are (big) numbers supporting a new arena somehow, someway.