Nets vs Heat series thread.

atxrocker said:
damn shame carters 43 points were wasted
He was the reason they lost, those two turnovers were so stupid it looked like a rookie made it. He wasted his own 43 points. Those 2 turnovers killed the Nets.

Sac.Kings said:
He was the reason they lost, those two turnovers were so stupid it looked like a rookie made it. He wasted his own 43 points. Those 2 turnovers killed the Nets.
uh.. jefferson had 5 turnovers with 17 points, i woud say he helped the nets lose way more than vince.

atxrocker said:
uh.. jefferson had 5 turnovers with 17 points, i woud say he helped the nets lose way more than vince.
No, Carter tried to dribble through double teams TWICE when the game was slipping away and 1 turnover resulted in a layup and the other resulted in 2 made free throws. Jefferson wasn't himself and he was partly to blame but Vince was the reason the Nets lost at the end. Those turnovers gave momentum to the Heat and they could never catch them after that point. He had a great game, but those 2 turnovers were a turning point in the game.

looks like jersey may be at the end of the line here, heat with the 3-1 series advantage. wade was a monster with 31/7/8 and 2 stls. still, miami has not looked very impressive to me.

I was at game 3 and saw 4 as well...both were very winnable, but Nets couldn't close out

Reasons Nets lost:

Game 3
Kristic couldn't hit any open jumpers (there was a stretch where he mised at least 7 wide open jumpers in a row)
Carter's series of turnovers (plus Kidd's one) late in the 4th
Richard Jefferson's disappearance (after scoring 17 in the first half)
Vaughn's stupid fouls (at least 3 touch fouls within 2 minutes) that put Miami over the limit early in the quarter

Game 4
Vince Carter was completly outplayed by Wade
Richard Jefferson disappeared once again
Nobody on Nets can consistently shoot when open

Really though, the Nets could easily have won both those games but as long as their defense concentrates on Wade/Shaw...players like Walker and Posey will get open threes. Conversely, on the other end, when Haet double Carter or Jefferson, the Nets always have at least one player who couldn't make a shot if his life depended on it (like Collins or Vaughn or John Thomas...even Lamont Murray to a lesser extent). Thus, Carter and Jeffesron are made ineffective while nobody else picks up the slack whereas Miami can win with both Shaq and Wade scoring below their season averages.

Last edited:
i'd rather cleveland win. cmon. Bron vs. Wade? an epic in the making. their regular season games were nearly christ-like. I would love a series between bron and wade.

eh.. besides the fact i cant stand lebron and it may be good basketball seeing the two go at it i still dont think the pistons are in any real trouble against the cavs. they should close it out in 6

I'll take either ECF. Both will be damn fun.

Certainly didn't expect this series to be this short, but they had a solid run, not like they wanted though. Nets need to get athletic in the front-court, and touch up the bench a bit.

Nets need another PF, jeez. They should try to get Kenyon back.

Gosh I hate the heat so bad. I hate Shaq, Wade(dumb Kobe wannabe), Antoine "because there are no 4s" walker, etc. I hope the pistons slaughter them.

BMiller52 said:

Gosh I hate the heat so bad. I hate Shaq, Wade(dumb Kobe wannabe), Antoine "because there are no 4s" walker, etc. I hope the pistons slaughter them.
:eek: wade is an awesome player. he is exciting and its hard not to be a fan!

BMiller52 said:

^ dittooooo. i'm so sick of shaq and dwayne wade its like watching a former laker team (kobe & shaq all over again) :rolleyes: :mad:

I haven't watched this series at all, but this passage from ESPN caught my eye:

Wade threw the ball into the stands as time expired, and the Heat raucously celebrated their second straight trip to the conference finals.
Did anyone see this? Is it me, or is Wade going to be suspended for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals? Bonzi was suspended a game earlier in the year for tossing a ball into the tunnel, and according to the league, it was an AUTOMATIC suspension for the ball going into the stands.

I'm not saying Wade SHOULD be suspended, but if the NBA are going to be idiots about their rules...

No I seriously cannot stand him. I'm not sure why but I dislike him almost as badly as I dislike Kobe. He annoys me.

I hope the pistons kill the Heat.

BMiller52 said:
No I seriously cannot stand him. I'm not sure why but I dislike him almost as badly as I dislike Kobe. He annoys me.

I hope the pistons kill the Heat.
glad someone agrees with me about lebron... oh wait, you were talking about wade huh? ;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I dislike breaking out the term "hater", but that's all you guys are doing here. Wade and LeBron are everything that's going to be RIGHT about the league for a long time now (maybe throw in Dwight Howard too). Young classy superstars perhaps initiating a whole new Michael/Magic/Bird/Mailmanj/Hakeem etc. golden age for the league. MILES above where the preening gangstas of the last decade have been maturitywise.

Bricklayer said:
I dislike breaking out the term "hater", but that's all you guys are doing here. Wade and LeBron are everything that's going to be RIGHT about the league for a long time now (maybe throw in Dwight Howard too). Young classy superstars perhaps initiating a whole new Michael/Magic/Bird/Mailmanj/Hakeem etc. golden age for the league. MILES above where the preening gangstas of the last decade have been maturitywise.
Agreed.

I've always been impressed with how well spoken and gracious both LeBron and Dwyane have been in interviews dating back to their rookie year. Competitive trash talking, sure, but nothing overly arrogant or malicious.

Bricklayer said:
I dislike breaking out the term "hater", but that's all you guys are doing here. Wade and LeBron are everything that's going to be RIGHT about the league for a long time now (maybe throw in Dwight Howard too). Young classy superstars perhaps initiating a whole new Michael/Magic/Bird/Mailmanj/Hakeem etc. golden age for the league.
Indeed

I like Wade a lot and it's hard rooting against him but he's playing with Shaq. I really wanted Nets to win but they just couldn't close out the close games.
GO PISTONS! All the way to the trophy:D

Bricklayer said:

I'll admit to being a Wade hater.

Go Pistons!