NCAA Basketball

pdxKingsFan said:
Seriously, they had 2.5 seconds left and a 3 could have won the game. That's after they choked away their first chance to re-take the lead. They were completely shellshocked by what hit them, lost all composure and rather than trying to make a real play were already in full on desperation mode. The really good/great teams can get a play off in that time. Morrison was just sad. Interesting that JJ Reddick went out pretty much the same way on the same night although he was relegated to the sidelines in the final seconds of Duke's chokejob.
It was even before that when he started crying. About 2 plays before he started to lose it. It was pretty obvious to me.

well, this blows! I need a drink now. Longhorns totally fell apart in OT. during regulation this was a very competitive game, despite both Tucker and Aldridge having weak efforts today. what can I say, points in the paint played a huge factor in this one. Tyrus was a beast out there tonight with 21/13. Really hate 'the big baby' but he played a solid game. wow, looking at that box score Texas's stars really dissapointed and did not play a factor in this one. I am still excited about Aldridge's pro career. so this is the end of this years run for the horns, im sick right now. seemed like there were tons of LSU fans at this game. I did have to laugh hearing Barnes interview at half time, his southern accent is so thick just like Mack Browns. I am officially rooting for Memphis now (though I am confident UCONN will win it all)

Last edited:
SDSU would have beet Gonzaga :( and I think they would have either beat UCLA or took them to overtime.

Marcus Slaughter and Brandon Heath--1 more year!!!!!!! Please!!!!

I didn't want UCLA to win yesterday...but if they get to the finals, I'll be pulling for a SoCal team to win. (Now...if it was Stanford or Cal ...never would I root for a NorCal team.) ;)

loopymitch said:
2 of my 3 teams still in it. GO NOVA and UCLA, don't you agree hoopsy?;)
Sorry atx, I wanted them to win also.
Still upset about that loss. Then today Nova loses, I think I will seriously cease siding with teams since I am obviously jinxing them. Everyone I had thought or hoped would advance continues to prove me wrong. Still, some really awesome and exciting games so far in the tourny. Look forward to seeing how things turn out. Btw, now I am offically hoping that UCLA wins this thing now since I hate the others. ;)

I really hate the gators!:mad: now GO BRUINS! and I has hate the other teams involved I have to root for GM.
I hope UConn going down in the women's, they put out my Dawgs but it was a good close game. They did well going that far.

I normally have AWESOME brackets (If I may brag a little;)), with at least 2 of the final 4 correct, usually more. Boy was I humbled this year!!! NONE of my picks are still in it! Being a TARHEEL to the core, seeing Duke lose always does my heart well!!:D Seeing them lose to LSU (Baton Rouge has been my home for about 10 years) makes it even sweeter -Only seeing them lose to UNC would have been better.

Now with Carolina getting rested for next season, it is all about LSU around here. Both the men and women's team in the Final Four!!!! GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Tarheels just beat Tennessee!! What am I going to do if LSU ends up playing UNC in the Finals????? If it wwas the men's team, the TARHEELS win everytime. Not so easy with the ladies!!!