NBA shortest books (edited)

Conversely:

"Keeping Score: A fan's guide to keeping score for his/her self while watching a TNT broadcast" will require prerequisits of Calculus and Differential Equations as well as a major in statistics, AND will be one of the longest books ever written.

Volume 3 of the Keeping Score series will be an idiot's guide, that WON'T require Linear Algebra, but will have to be "simplified" quite a bit, to the point of being useless.

"Acting: The easy transition of jumping from professional sports to the silver screen" - Co-written by Shaq, Rick Fox, MJ, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, James Worthy, Magic Johnson, Greg Ostertag, John Salley, Dennis Rodman, Mugsey, George Meurshan, Sir Charles, and LJ.

And yes... there is even more than THIS:

Bare with me, this post is going to be a doosey

First

“My Action Packed Life and Completely Booked Summer Schedule” - Jacobdrj J

“I’m The Man: A foreign superstar’s guide to taking charge of his franchise” - Peja Stojakovic, Vlade Divac, Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, and Yao Ming

“100%: How to avoid asterisks on your championships” - San Antonio Spurs

“Pop Culture in the 21st Century” - Kevin Willis

“Eve’s Apple: Giving into temptation” - AC Green

“Original Catchphrases” - Philadelphia 76ers announcer

“Season Ticket Holders List” - Co written by Rod Thorn - Nets GM, Allan Bristow - Hornets GM, Billy Knight - Hawks GM

“Great Fan Bases” - Co written by Rod Thorn - Nets GM, Allan Bristow - Hornets GM, Billy Knight - Hawks GM

“Not Alienating Your Huge Existing Fan Base & Superstar Players” - Owner NJ Nets

“Fortitude: A guide to building a championship caliber team from scratch” - Phil Jackson

“Offensive Philosophy Series: Volume 1: The Princeton Offence” - Rick Carlisle

“A 7 Footer’s Guide to Play the 5 in the NBA” - Dirk Nowitzki

“Symposium of Defense” - Doug Moe

“The Doldrums: A Story of how hard work and perseverance never pays off” - Horace Jenkins

“Pre-Algebra” - Doug Collins (PM me if you don’t get it)

“All About My Olympic Gold Medal” - Doug Collins and the rest of the 1972 Olympic Basketball Team

“Good Losers: Showing class in defeat” - 1991 Detroit Pistons

“Why I Love Foreign Basketball Players” - Dick Vitale

“Diversity: The Best Way to Play Foreign Players” - Larry Brown

“Scouting Talent” - Larry Brown

“The Art of Time Management” - Larry Brown, Prologues by Rick Adleman, Don Nelson, and Lenny Wilkins.

“Offensive Philosophy Series: Volume 2: The Triangle Offence” - Larry Brown

“How to Properly Treat Your Players in the Media” - Phil Jackson, edited by Larry Brown

“What a Loosing Season Feels Like: Through the eyes of an NBA coach” - Rick Carlisle

“NBA Tactics” - Larry Brown

“NBA Strategy” - Don Nelson

“Warm & Fuzzy” - Rick “Jim Carrey” Carlisle

“Loosing Self Controll” - Rick Carlisle

“How to Get and Keep an NBA Head Coaching Job” - Gar Heard

“Overcoming Insomnia: Looking and feeling great” - Jeff Van Gundy

“Why Almost Everyone Hates Me” - David Robinson

“Tactless: A rebuttle to Larry Brown’s Book “Tact”” - Greg Popovic

“Keepin' It Real” - David Stern

“Democracy, Division of Powers & Antitrust Laws” - David “The Vote Was Unanimous; 1 to Nothing” Stern

And the sequel:

“How to Make some of the Best 1 Liners When I Ain’t Ticked Off” - David Stern with the alternate tite “Sounding Cool While Being Cool”

“How to Make a Bad Situation Work to Your Favor” - Kevin McHale

“Following the Rules: An NBA executive’s guide to the NBA draft rules” - Kevin McHale, prologue by George Karl

“Being Human: Volume 1: Acting the Part” - Ruben Patterson, prologue by Latrell Spreewell and Jason Kidd

“Being Human: Volume 2: Looking the Part” - Sam Cassel, Popeye Jones, Tayshaun Prince and Reggie Miller

"Western Philosophy" - The Big Aristotle

"Eastern Philosophy" - The Big Aristotle

"The Definition of Philosophy" - The Big Aristotle

The Contract: Honoring one's sacred bond between employer and employee" - Larry Brown, an NFL publication.

“Offensive Philosophy Series: Volume 3: The Paralell Lines Offence" - Kobe Bryant, prologue by Tex Winters and Phill Jackson

"Tact: 2.0: A rebuttle to Greg Popovic's book "Tactless" and why Greg Popovic is evil" - Larry Brown

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
NOTE: I took the original thread, copied to my hard drive, and then edited the posted thread so only the titles appear. (I still have the titles for all the "longest books," so we might vote on them once I get this done.)

I'm going to count up all the titles that have been posted so far. That will probably determine how many preliminary rounds of voting we'll need before the playoffs.

;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Please...NO NEW TITLES. It's already a very daunting task to try and assemble these into something we can work with. There are some GREAT ones...

:D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Round 2?

It's gonna take forever to get through round one...

Voting has to be done in increments of 10. There are over 170 posts. AND a fair number of those posts have more than one title listed. That means probably 30 first round polls, followed by at least 3 second round polls just to get down to the final top 10.

:eek:

I'm sorting things out by poster right now so I'll have a better idea of just how many titles there actually are.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There are a total of 370 titles. I haven't checked for duplicates. If there are repeats - or a title really close to one previously posted - the earliest one will remain.