NBA Playoffs, Conference Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Good news for the Hawks: Bogi is playing well again

‘Bad news: the suckiness demon that was inhabiting him seems to have possessed Trae.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
the were down 10 points in the middle of the 3rd when Giannis went down. they were already losing.
Ok? And they then proceeded to curl up and die after that. Meanwhile the other team without their star was playing their hearts out. It didn’t look good for Milwaukee,

Ok? And they then proceeded to curl up and die after that. Meanwhile the other team without their star was playing their hearts out. It didn’t look good for Milwaukee,
It did not, but it was a blessing in disguise it seems (not the injury but the run the Hawks made after the injury to make it a blowout). they were embarrassed which meant they were going to come out with pride. Hawks maybe had that same feeling (that it was not looking good for the Bucks) so they did not come to game 5 with the same intensity/team game as they did in that game 4. And also forced Bucks to create a better game plan, brought Lopez back into the middle, etc...

my friend was in Milwaukee this week so I told him to go to the Bucks arena even though he isn't an NBA fan and watch the game outside. He said it was a blast!

I will be pulling for the Bucks but they don't seem like they are firing on all cylinders right now even without considering the injury to Giannis. Both teams are unlikely to get this chance again in the next couple years so better take it now.

No injury excuses. Either he was healthy enough to play or he wasn’t.

And if he wasn’t healthy enough to play, he’s brain dead and/or selfish for taking 17 shots.

What we saw tonight is why I consider him a volume chucker. That, and the ill-advised 28 footers in the final minutes of a close game.

He’s capable of being a much more efficient player. He’s very talented. He just needs to be reeled in.

Last edited:
What was up with Atlanta's uniform logo being "MLK"? Was it political or am I just naive? Thought we were over that.

Took be a couple of minutes to realize it wasn't for "MiLwaKee".

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
What was up with Atlanta's uniform logo being "MLK"? Was it political or am I just naive? Thought we were over that.

Took be a couple of minutes to realize it wasn't for "MiLwaKee".
Was that your first time watching a Hawks game, this season? Also, how partisan do you have to be, to think that even invoking the name of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is "political," let alone for it to be done by the team representing the city he was born in?

Last edited:
Also, how partisan do you have to be, to think that even invoking the name of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is "political," let alone for it to be done by the team representing the city he was born in?
How naive/argumentative do you have to be to question @GWD for wondering why a pro sports team/business would be wearing uniforms not directly advertising their organization on a date that doesn’t have historical significance with MLK’s name? Furthermore, how naive do you need to be to not recognize that there’s a non-basketball slant to it?

I certainly hope nobody has a serious problem with what MLK stands for (I surely don’t), but to act as if invoking the name on random dates that aren’t historically relevant to the person’s memory is somehow relevant to the business being conducted is awfully disingenuous.

If the Hawks began randomly wearing uniforms with GOD printed on the front because, well, they are located in the heart of the bible belt — would you question gwd or anyone else for wondering about that too?

Rhetorical question, because I’m sure you would.

Last edited:
How naive/argumentative do you have to be to question @GWD for wondering why a pro sports team/business would be wearing uniforms not directly advertising their organization on a date that doesn’t have historical significance with MLK’s name? Furthermore, how naive do you need to be to not recognize that there’s a non-basketball slant to it?

I certainly hope nobody has a serious problem with what MLK stands for (I surely don’t), but to act as if invoking the name on random dates that aren’t historically relevant to the person’s memory is somehow relevant to the business being conducted is awfully disingenuous.

If the Hawks began randomly wearing uniforms with GOD printed on the front because, well, they are located in the heart of the bible belt — would you question gwd or anyone else for wondering about that too?

Rhetorical question, because I’m sure you would.
Atlanta’s WNBA team is the Dream for the same reason. Kinda fits the ATL basketball business model to celebrate MLK, even on days when it’s not “historically relevant.”

Status
Not open for further replies.