NBA Playoffs, Conference Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
it took 16 seasons to get there but CP3 finally makes his first NBA Finals. It's surprising that all those prime years in LA he couldn't get it done and it just goes to show you how many things have to go your way for a team to get there and the Suns were in a prime position for it. Like the Heat last year, except whoever is coming out of the East is going to be toast against Phoenix.
If they get a ring all it took was like all the true super teams to have not only injuries, but major injuries to their top 1 or 2 players. This will certainly be Raptors 2.0. The NBA better not sell this as parity either. I can totally see a reverse reaction and the league ruled by 1 or 2 teams for the next decade to come as a result of this.

If they get a ring all it took was like all the true super teams to have not only injuries, but major injuries to their top 1 or 2 players. This will certainly be Raptors 2.0. The NBA better not sell this as parity either. I can totally see a reverse reaction and the league ruled by 1 or 2 teams for the next decade to come as a result of this.
Well they were still the #2 seed. Barring injury, they probably wouldn't have faced the Lakers in round one, and there's a good argument to be made that they would have beaten all of Den/Por/Dal/Mem and possibly Utah, so a trip to the WCF was still likely. Not quite a championship, but still a very big accomplishment that most Kings fans should be happy with if it happened to us.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I can't argue that. Way too many big names have been missing this post season and like the Heat last year, lots of things went their way to reach the Finals. Following year out in the first round.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
this Bucks team is a complete enigma. must be the home sweet home feeling. Next game Hawks will pounce them and Bucks won't be able to make a shot like the Hawks in this first

Well they were still the #2 seed. Barring injury, they probably wouldn't have faced the Lakers in round one, and there's a good argument to be made that they would have beaten all of Den/Por/Dal/Mem and possibly Utah, so a trip to the WCF was still likely. Not quite a championship, but still a very big accomplishment that most Kings fans should be happy with if it happened to us.
If the kings get into the play ins next year and every single team they face forfeits and they win a nba championship, I will be the first in line to by tickets to the championship parade and celebrate the hell out of that asterisked championship.

I don't think they get past the Clipps with Kawhi. PG13 turned it on when he needed to. Both he and Kawhi are a bit lazy, and while it's cost them both before since they waited too long to do so, they can crank it up when needed.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Bucks without Giannis deeper than the Hawks without Young.
Bogi had a pretty good night but also probably should’ve shared the ball a bit more

Bogi had a pretty good night but also probably should’ve shared the ball a bit more
Hawks played 2 games without Young against Bucks and are 1-1. They are also missing their second best player. So not sure if its decided that Bucks are deeper.

Bogdan had 4 assists and it seems to me he played within the offense. At least not any less than anyone else on the Hawks.

While what you say is true IMO, 99% of the time when you trade Giannis for the other teams best player — MIL’s opponent gets the better end of that trade off.

If I was going to coach a team playing against MIL, I’d gladly lose my best player of it meant Giannis was out too. Notable exceptions would be very short.

I don't think they get past the Clipps with Kawhi. PG13 turned it on when he needed to. Both he and Kawhi are a bit lazy, and while it's cost them both before since they waited too long to do so, they can crank it up when needed.
Do the Clips get past the Jazz with a healthy Mitchell and Conley though? You're probably right that they don't get past the Clipps with Kawhi, but point being they'd still make it to the WCF. If the Lakers were healthy they wouldn't be the 7 seed, and with a healthy Utah you probably get one of Lakers/Clippers out somewhere anyway, unless Suns play the Clippers in round 1. But I mean if we're just playing the What If Everyone was Healthy game I'm pretty sure we can hand the Nets the title.

Do the Clips get past the Jazz with a healthy Mitchell and Conley though? You're probably right that they don't get past the Clipps with Kawhi, but point being they'd still make it to the WCF. If the Lakers were healthy they wouldn't be the 7 seed, and with a healthy Utah you probably get one of Lakers/Clippers out somewhere anyway, unless Suns play the Clippers in round 1. But I mean if we're just playing the What If Everyone was Healthy game I'm pretty sure we can hand the Nets the title.
I think if healthy they probably win it all with the Nets getting bounced. If it ended up being a healthy Nets and them it's a toss up.

DeAndre Hunter is good. DeAndre Hunter may be their best two-way player. I can't imagine that anybody besides @burekijogurt (and you, maybe?) thinks that DeAndre Hunter is the second-best player on the Atlanta Hawks.
@sactowndog is one body. But ok, I can see how that can be debated [ don't respond with that it "cannot be debated", italics part of the quote :) ]

Curious who do you think the second best player on the Hawks is? Yes, a lot of people will say Collins, but Hawks have many good players each with their own strengths and weaknesses so this could go many ways. They are deep (to bring it back to the @Tetsujin 's original post)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
@sactowndog is one body. But ok, I can see how that can be debated [ don't respond with that it "cannot be debated", italics part of the quote :) ]

Curious who do you think the second best player on the Hawks is? Yes, a lot of people will say Collins, but Hawks have many good players each with their own strengths and weaknesses so this could go many ways. They are deep (to bring it back to the @Tetsujin 's original post)
I feel like Cappela’s probably their second most important player, just based on his defensive contribution alone.

I feel like Cappela’s probably their second most important player, just based on his defensive contribution alone.
I would agree there. He is a key cog for them. Especially given how small they are. They got pounded in the paint last night, but without Capela and his defense and rebounding it would be even worse. Bucks are much bigger. If Hawks pass the Bucks I think they will matchup with the Suns better

I like Hunter and thought he was a good pick for Atlanta. However, I would have Capela, Collins & Bogie all rated higher than him. I think you could also make a strong argument for Hurter as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.