NBA JAM - Roster for Kings

So for those of you who were born during the 80s or before would remember how popular NBA jam used to be. I remember me and my friends walking almost 5 miles to the mall instead of taking the bus in order to save the $0.50 so we can use it for NBA Jam. How silly were we kids.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=NBAJam-100914

I'm glad they made the effort to add DeMarcus in there but how can Webb and Vlade not be in the "legends" roster? At least Mitch made it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Eighties? :eek:

I remember when I was stationed on the Truman, we had a copy of that game in the ship's lounge: I always played as the Kings, and owned all the ship's records.

I played the '93 edition at the arcade, then got a Sega Genesis to play it at home. Although I liked playing the Kings, Wayman and Mitch (or Wayman and Spud in the arcade version) had a pretty hard time against the Olajuwons, Ewings, Barkleys and Pippens of the game. Didn't care so much for the sequel, and it fell off my radar. If you get the new one, make sure and let us know how it is!

I wish they would've switched out Landry for Casspi so you could have at least one shooter to choose from (aside from The Rock of course), but then again, it's nice that the Kings are one of the few teams to feature four active players in the first place and one of the even fewer teams to feature a rookie. Derrick Favors and Wes Johnson didn't even make it. Although the utter lack of Chris Webber in this game smells a bit of fail.

^^^
From a long time b.ball video game player since NES/SNES & Genesis, 2K is where it's @; hands down.
There's no need to even consider the competition anymore RE: gameplay, graphics, etc. the whole 9.
2K11 has legendary teams this year, ORL in '95 I think, a ton of Bulls teams w/the Jordan playing options and many others. I can only hope they throw SAC a bone & give the earlier Kings team a spot. I'd luv to play w/C-Webb. Vlade, Christie, etc.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
^^^
From a long time b.ball video game player since NES/SNES & Genesis, 2K is where it's @; hands down.
There's no need to even consider the competition anymore RE: gameplay, graphics, etc. the whole 9.
2K11 has legendary teams this year, ORL in '95 I think, a ton of Bulls teams w/the Jordan playing options and many others. I can only hope they throw SAC a bone & give the earlier Kings team a spot. I'd luv to play w/C-Webb. Vlade, Christie, etc.
You know, that's what I was hoping for as well. How cool would it be to play with the old Sac Kings team, I mean if their putting the old Jazz, Orl, teams, why not Kings either.

I played the '93 edition at the arcade, then got a Sega Genesis to play it at home. Although I liked playing the Kings, Wayman and Mitch (or Wayman and Spud in the arcade version) had a pretty hard time against the Olajuwons, Ewings, Barkleys and Pippens of the game. Didn't care so much for the sequel, and it fell off my radar. If you get the new one, make sure and let us know how it is!
I've been buying the 2k series, but buying NBA Elite is the only way to get NBA Jam unless you have a Wii. Elite is suppose to be a big step up from Live but they always say that. 2k11 will have MJ + a lot of other legends payable in the regular mode so thats attractive too. Hard to decide... I don't want to buy 2 bball games in 1 season.

You know, that's what I was hoping for as well. How cool would it be to play with the old Sac Kings team, I mean if their putting the old Jazz, Orl, teams, why not Kings either.
The classic teams are only included if they had a classic game with mj. Unfortunately it isn't a classic team per franchise and the kings aren't in.

Thanks. But if I get Elite with NBA Jam, am I getting the full version of NBA Jam with it(regardless of remix mode)?
My understanding is that the download code you get when you purchase elie gives the you the same basic game without the remix mode (which has extra camera angles, powerups and bosses).