[Game] Kings vs. Heat, 1/30/21, 5pm PST, 8pm EST

you can tell he is being asked to take more shots and drive and pressure defenses. He has been a bit of a one trick pony on the drives though and needs to dish out of it and or hit a floater I remember him taking more of in the past. I also think he rushes his free throws. Kinda bouncy and not very fluid with his release
He just doesn't have the vision. Once they trapped him last play I knew it was over. He should go to sg with Hal at pg. Will never happen but it should.

How many 10 assist games does fox have?

you can tell he is being asked to take more shots and drive and pressure defenses. He has been a bit of a one trick pony on the drives though and needs to dish out of it and or hit a floater I remember him taking more of in the past. I also think he rushes his free throws. Kinda bouncy and not very fluid with his release
I agree with that Fox rushes his free throws. He needs a routine to slow him down. Something like what Jeff Hornacek or Karl Malone used:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
it was a 1 point game, Butler shot 87.5% and Fox shot 37.5%. Hard to blame the refs. If you are going to be paid the big money you have to play better.
While I am not one to go to the ref card, you do realize when you are fouled and miss and no FTs are awarded your shot % goes down, if you are fouled and miss and FTs are awarded, stat wise you never took a shot. Butler got more FTs than the entire Kings team, so this is sort of an odd point of contention.

it was a 1 point game, Butler shot 87.5% and Fox shot 37.5%. Hard to blame the refs. If you are going to be paid the big money you have to play better.
Heat shot 26 free throws while the Kings shot 11. That's right 11...........If the Refs called fouls for Fox like they do Jimmy..........Jimmy shot 16 freaking free throws!

The Heat turned up the defensive intensity in the fourth quarter.
The Kings had trouble with it. Otherwise a close game.
Make some foul shots.
Fox scored half of his 30 points in the 4th when we needed them.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

contact tracing means that we might see a bunch of our guys out for the next game or the game postponed overall
It would seem that if you live with someone who tests positive you would go straight to quarantine but I'm just a guy ...

Also, why aren't pro athletes actively playing vaccinated? I realize they don't meet any priority plan but the amount of pro athletes is so small and they have full time medical staff so maybe they could cut a deal where players get vaccinated and the teams set up vaccination stations at their facilities with those trainers providing shots to the most vulnerable.

I wonder what a team's winning percentage is when they shoot 45.5% from the line, especially in games that are decided by one point? I love Fox, but every time he, Bagley, or Whiteside go to the line I cringe.
i actually think Fox can fix his if he slows down. He rushes it almost every time. Especially the first of 2

contact tracing means that we might see a bunch of our guys out for the next game or the game postponed overall
Would depend on if Herro becomes positive or not. The NBA possibly goes by more stringent rules (not positive either way but understandable if they do). Typically you don't quarantine contacts of contacts. If in the next four days or so, he becomes positive, then yes numerous players for both teams could be shut down per protocol.

It would seem that if you live with someone who tests positive you would go straight to quarantine but I'm just a guy ...

Also, why aren't pro athletes actively playing vaccinated? I realize they don't meet any priority plan but the amount of pro athletes is so small and they have full time medical staff so maybe they could cut a deal where players get vaccinated and the teams set up vaccination stations at their facilities with those trainers providing shots to the most vulnerable.
The perception would be horrible. Money or status shouldn't change your place in line. Locally we are just beginning to touch the elderly. With our current allocations it will take months to inoculate them, the group the vast, vast majority of deaths of come from. And a pro athlete should be able to get their's first?

dude12

Hall of Famer
In regards to Fox free throw mechanics. To my eye, it is a very wrists shot with very little lower half using the legs......if that makes sense.....it might work for some guys but in this case, it doesn’t look athletic at all, it’s flawed obviously

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
The perception would be horrible. Money or status shouldn't change your place in line. Locally we are just beginning to touch the elderly. With our current allocations it will take months to inoculate them, the group the vast, vast majority of deaths of come from. And a pro athlete should be able to get their's first?
While I agree with this, I also think that each team can use their platform to get more people vaccinated sooner. Open a team parking lot for drive-through vaccinations. Do media blitzes with players and coaches encouraging the public to go get them. Videos of the players getting the shots (like Arnie did a few days ago) might go a long way to convincing some of the flat-earth/conspiracy theory types that this may be a good thing. Whatever. At least in some areas, there is more vaccine than they can quickly get into arms. Help remedy that.

If they can help accelerate the general public (especially higher risk folks) getting vaccinated quicker, I'm OK with players and coaches getting the shots, too.

If they can help accelerate the general public (especially higher risk folks) getting vaccinated quicker, I'm OK with players and coaches getting the shots, too.
The main argument for vaccinating players is to help promote it among the African American demographic. Current poles show less than 50 percent want the vaccine. This population has good reason for skepticism so I think vaccinating 500 players as a PSA is a no brainer.

The main argument for vaccinating players is to help promote it among the African American demographic. Current poles show less than 50 percent want the vaccine. This population has good reason for skepticism so I think vaccinating 500 players as a PSA is a no brainer.
This logic I can get on board with. Especially if it is presented as such. Just make sure it isn't seen as the elite cutting in line. In the studies the minority communities have not been represented enough during the trials.