• Celtics in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celtics in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t like either team but congrats to the Celts on the big turn around season. “Look at the brains on Brad” Stevens apparently did the right thing by joining the front office. Tatum bumped up to super star and coach got the most out of the group.

don’t really want the celts or warriors to get the chip.

Last edited:
The Celtics are my dream team to a large extent. Defense got them here.

Udoka has a simple formula.
Physical in your face defense with a lot of switching.
Rebound the ball.
Push the ball on every possession.
Look for the 3, and keep the middle open for layups.
That's it.
The Celtics won game 7 in the first quarter with relentless hyper-defense and attacking transitions.
They are not the most talented team in the NBA, but I love watching them play.
They are going to matchup well with Golden State.
The Ws will struggle with the physicality of the Celtics.
Green is going to struggle most of all.

The Celtics are my dream team to a large extent. Defense got them here.

Udoka has a simple formula.
Physical in your face defense with a lot of switching.
Rebound the ball.
Push the ball on every possession.
Look for the 3, and keep the middle open for layups.
That's it.
The Celtics won game 7 in the first quarter with relentless hyper-defense and attacking transitions.
They are not the most talented team in the NBA, but I love watching them play.
They are going to matchup well with Golden State.
The Ws will struggle with the physicality of the Celtics.
Green is going to struggle most of all.
I'm not sure about the Warriors struggling. We saw this before in the past for the Warriors The Mavericks were supposedly a good defensive team, and they were soundly beaten. I think the Celtics have some of the best team chemistry in the NBA these playoffs that I've seen from their starting unit,, so I think its a full 7-game series (barring injuries), but still nodding to the Warriors; yet I'd like to see the Celtics do it. Celtics gonna have the same problems the other teams had - keeping up with scoring mainly. These playoffs, one thing the Celtics do seem to look comfortable in is playing away.

After watching Tatum more closely, I'm not very impressed with his defense - average looking. He actually looks like the weak link defensively on the 1st unit. Smaller players blow by him as he lacks quickness and is averagely aggressive. However he's their best offensive player, so it's a balancing act. Interested to see how Draymond Green does with Tatum. Celtics cannot afford to go down 2-0 o start the series like the Mavericks did.

The Celtics "chemistry" is really team defense. They are the best in the League.
Defense wins championships in nearly every sport.
The Celtics can win on nights when their offense struggles. That is something the Kings can never do.

The Warriors are a great offensive team, but in the series there will be a lot of 100 points or less games.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Celtics "chemistry" is really team defense. They are the best in the League.
Defense wins championships in nearly every sport.
The Celtics can win on nights when their offense struggles. That is something the Kings can never do.

The Warriors are a great offensive team, but in the series there will be a lot of 100 points or less games.
Not for nothing but the Warriors had the best defensive rating in the league this season.

Top 10 defense in the league.
I've been hoping to crack the top half of defensive categories for the longest time. I understand the desire to want, and have, a top 5 offense. Because everyone likes to see points on the board at the end of the day. But I am still a firm believer of the notion that "Offense wins games; Defense wins championships."

And I'd much rather see the Kings win championships than just games. And not only one championship; I want to see the team become the next great dynasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.