[NBA] Comments that Don't Warrant Their Own Thread (Playoffs?)

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I predict that LBJ and D-Wade will enter the arena before Game 7 having a big laugh and mocking the way Dirk held up the Championship and MVP trophies tonight.

Oh that's right, there won't be any Game 7...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Did you all just hear Lebron's quote about the fans that rooted against him? Whoa! Lebron lashing out at NBA fans.

I think I got it more or less correct here: "...at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, they gotta wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. You know, they gotta have the same personal problems that they had today. You know, and Imma continue to live the way i wanna live and continue to do the things I wanna do."
Basically saying "I'm rich and I don't give a damn!" haha

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
LeBron jokes are never going out of style. I really hope the flash animators are working overtime tonight.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
"Just be careful when shipping the Miami Heat champs T-shirts to the poor in Guatemala," NBA.com quoted Avon, Ohio's, Nathan Obral as saying. "They could be a choking hazard."

I wonder if Lebron's lack of a real playing position has limited how effective he is? He plays anything from the 1 - 4, and pretty well at most of them. But he doesnt dominate any one position, though he has the physical tools to do so. Has he spread himself too thin over the playing field? When execution and consistency matters, such as in the playoffs, does his lack of a real position add to the troubles, ultimately just adding confusion to his own game and to his teammates? What if he had chosen to develop his SF skills, and learned to play that position? Could he had been the best SF the game has ever seen? Again he certainly has the tools to do so. And how much more effective, or less effective, would he be from a coaching/teamplay perspective?

I wonder if Lebron's lack of a real playing position has limited how effective he is? He plays anything from the 1 - 4, and pretty well at most of them. But he doesnt dominate any one position, though he has the physical tools to do so. Has he spread himself too thin over the playing field? When execution and consistency matters, such as in the playoffs, does his lack of a real position add to the troubles, ultimately just adding confusion to his own game and to his teammates? What if he had chosen to develop his SF skills, and learned to play that position? Could he had been the best SF the game has ever seen? Again he certainly has the tools to do so. And how much more effective, or less effective, would he be from a coaching/teamplay perspective?
He's an SF. Thing is in Cleveland they didn't have a good offensive scheme so he just handled the ball a lot, ending up more like a SG/PG. Then he went to Miami, where the offense is basically a) give ball to either Wade or James and let them drive --> option 1: kick out to Bosh for baseline or elbow jumpshot. Option 2: Kick out to open 3 point shooter. Option 3: Layup.

Doesn't exactly develop any true SG or SF position-ness.