[NBA] Comments that Don't Warrant Their Own Thread (Playoffs?)

I read this earlier on realgm, and I agree with every word you said. I dislike the heat because of their arrogant behavior. I'm not surprised by wade at all because throughout the playoff he have been complaining and faking injuries. I HATE THE HEATS!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I happen to think the "sick athlete" is tired and cliche and they should just shut their yaps and play rather than try to publicize their illness to milk some extra cred out of it. That said, when you lose to the cliched sick athlete you shut your mouth, not laugh about it. Actually when you lose you shut your mouth about everything until you take care of business.

Early in Miami/Dallas series Jeff Van Gundy let out a dumbfounded, "THAT'S SICK!," after one of Nowitzki's amazing hoops - can't remember which one since he's scored so effortlessly throughout these playoffs. Almost since then Van Gundy has been basically going gaga over Dirk's incredible deadly shooting and slashing moves to finish strong at the rim. Last game he joked he'd like to get a DVD of every hoop Dirk scored as something "incredible" to watch over and over. So yeah, Dirk's sick, was sick - depending on how you want to call it.

I happen to think the "sick athlete" is tired and cliche and they should just shut their yaps and play rather than try to publicize their illness to milk some extra cred out of it. That said, when you lose to the cliched sick athlete you shut your mouth, not laugh about it. Actually when you lose you shut your mouth about everything until you take care of business.
Dirk didn't bring it up the media did. Dirk was down playing it at the end of the game.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Dirk didn't bring it up the media did. Dirk was down playing it at the end of the game.
No, but he obviously informed the media at some point or one of his people did. That's all I'm saying. I didn't say he made a deal of it, I just don't even see why that kind of thing ever needs to be made public prior to the start of game time. I don't recall it prior to Jordan's flu game and now you hear it annually.

Dirk should not score in the 4th to mock lebron ;)
NNOOOOOOOO hahahah Just Drop 40 on them and blow them away with a wide lead... dirk is way to classy to be playing with those immature kids... hope the mavs win, its going to be a great summer if the superfriends got beat

Terry deserves the finals MVP. LeBron +/- leads both teams with negative 24, no excuses this time [no injuries and had a great team]. He just sucks when everything is on the line, maybe it will harden him like it did for Dirk.

The Mavs are my second least favorite team, this is on par with LA winning for me.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Dallas done did it!!!!

Good stuff. Never really hated the team as much as other Kings fans. Happy for Dirk, Peja, and Kidd. Lolz that Bibby got benched and didnt even play this game.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yep, David Stern handing the Larry O'Brien trophy to Mark Cuban is a great way to go into a lockout...

I'm psychologically incapable of rooting for the Mavericks (dislike Nowitzki, dislike Carlisle, dislike Stevenson, loathe Stojakovic), but I'm definitely glad that the Heat lost.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Unlike some others, I like Dirk (maybe because I am part German? ;) ) and have no hate for the Mavs - I don't particularly like them or dislike them. Glad to see them beat the Heat, though! Congrats Mavs!

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I never hated the Mavs but I am not exactly thrilled they beat anybody except the Heat. Maybe if Peja had played a bigger role I'd be happier than I am about them actually winning instead of being happy just because the Heat lost.

Glad Dirk Peja kidd Terry and Marion got a ring.... a vet team,

this sends a message that you can't win a ring just by joining forces like the heat did. takes vet savvy, experience, and heart. im really glad the heat lost. not so happy for bibby. but glad the heat did get beat in their homecourt. about time dwade got charge and techs.

this is obviously the easiest champshot for the heat. next year will be very difficult for them. a lot of playoff teams will come out reloaded.

Not surprised by how poorly Lebron played in this series. Supremely athletic, but always thought he lacked the skills and iq for consistent execution when needed

I'm impressed by how much Tyson Chandler has improved over the years. Back in the early days, his offensive ineptness almost made up for his defensive mastery. Good to see him develop some fundamentals.

Did you all just hear Lebron's quote about the fans that rooted against him? Whoa! Lebron lashing out at NBA fans.

I think I got it more or less correct here: "...at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, they gotta wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. You know, they gotta have the same personal problems that they had today. You know, and Imma continue to live the way i wanna live and continue to do the things I wanna do."

Did you all just hear Lebron's quote about the fans that rooted against him? Whoa! Lebron lashing out at NBA fans.

I think I got it more or less correct here: "...at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, they gotta wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. You know, they gotta have the same personal problems that they had today. You know, and Imma continue to live the way i wanna live and continue to do the things I wanna do."
Basically saying "I'm rich and I don't give a damn!" haha