[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (OCT/NOV)

• Thread starter Yahoo! Sports - NBA -
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/...articles/frustration-693391-loss-angeles.html

Frustration boils over following Clippers loss

LOS ANGELES – Josh Smith and an unspecified Clipper coach were involved in a frustration-fueled argument following the Clippers’ 91-80 loss to Toronto Sunday.

Profanities and yelling made their way through the cement walls separating the Clipper locker room from an adjacent room where the media was waiting to speak to head coach Doc Rivers...

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/...articles/frustration-693391-loss-angeles.html

LOS ANGELES – Josh Smith and an unspecified Clipper coach were involved in a frustration-fueled argument following the Clippers’ 91-80 loss to Toronto Sunday.

Profanities and yelling made their way through the cement walls separating the Clipper locker room from an adjacent room where the media was waiting to speak to head coach Doc Rivers...
Hmm, it seems the link is bad? It says it can't find the article. I was wanting to read that one, too.

K

KingMilz

Mike Woodson they have a long history

I just walked by isaiah thomas, evan turner, kelly olynik, and some other pro at the lenox square mall in ATL. I was surprised to see that thomas is in fact 6 feet tall. I thought i had him pegged at 5'9-5'10.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the Pacers just got done shooting 7/7 from three in the first quarter....all of a sudden they are a high scoring offense considering their reputation as a slow it down, grind you out defensive ball club

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I turned on the Warriors-Lakers game because I'm interested in seeing NBA history made. Watching Kobe on the court is uncomfortable. Hard to believe he's making $24 million this year. Pathetic that the TNT crew is still trying to find things to compliment him about, especially when he tosses up yet another errant shot.

I turned on the Warriors-Lakers game because I'm interested in seeing NBA history made. Watching Kobe on the court is uncomfortable. Hard to believe he's making $24 million this year. Pathetic that the TNT crew is still trying to find things to compliment him about, especially when he tosses up yet another errant shot.
Well, at least they mentioned his very poor shooting this year, reluctance to attack the basket. Plus mentioning Bryant has not dunked once this season because perhaps no longer can.

No reason to book tix to see Globetrotters this year. Similar belly laughs as Golden State Globetrotters stomped LA Generals 111-77 to make history 16-0. General Bryant with worst shooting performance (1-14 FG) of his 20 year career utterly crumbing. Meadowlark Curry rest of his crew running circles around the little General and his clowns.

https://twitter.com/SerenaWinters/status/668901751244718080

maybe Mitch Kupchak is an evil genius that doesn't want to give up another draft pick (if they pick in the top3 this year and next, they don't have to hand another firstround draft pick to Orlando). otherwise this combination of an obviously over the hill player with delusions of grandeur and one of the worst enablers I've ever seen coach a basketball team really doesn't make sense.

K

KingMilz

the Pacers just got done shooting 7/7 from three in the first quarter....all of a sudden they are a high scoring offense considering their reputation as a slow it down, grind you out defensive ball club
Crazy that CJ Miles has adapted to playing D @PF (PG13 didn't want to) when he's a small SF at best they got actually quiet a few good man to man defenders in PG13/Hill/Lavoy/Mahiami and Monta is not bad at either.

Also sort of shows how good PG13 is I mean most the guys on that Indiana roster (2 years ago) careers basically took a huge downturn after he got injured, Lance is basically not playing and a cancer after being a triple double machine, Hibbert went from one of the best C's to arguably the worst and West looked crap last year.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Crazy that CJ Miles has adapted to playing D @PF (PG13 didn't want to) when he's a small SF at best they got actually quiet a few good man to man defenders in PG13/Hill/Lavoy/Mahiami and Monta is not bad at either.

Also sort of shows how good PG13 is I mean most the guys on that Indiana roster (2 years ago) careers basically took a huge downturn after he got injured, Lance is basically not playing and a cancer after being a triple double machine, Hibbert went from one of the best C's to arguably the worst and West looked crap last year.
It's crazy to think that PG13 is better than he was prior to the injury...he is on an absolute tear and has a long streak of scoring 20+ points in consecutive games.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Maybe you can't appreciate their style of play but you should appreciate greatness when you see it...and they are showing just that.

Let me put it this way: I "appreciate" their greatness in the same way that I "appreciate" the greatness of a tsunami. Okay, it's "great," fantastic. I still don't want to have **** to do with it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

Let me put it this way: I "appreciate" their greatness in the same way that I "appreciate" the greatness of a tsunami. Okay, it's "great," fantastic. I still don't want to have **** to do with it.
That's fine and all but if you want your beloved Kings to ever win a championship in your life time, I think they would need to get past those "tsunami" Warriors.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So what? One thing has nothing to do with the other. I can stipulate to everything you just said, without being obliged to "appreciate" Golden State. I'm not obliged to appreciate anybody the Kings play, whether they're great or not; knowing that the Kings would probably have to beat them to win a championship doesn't factor into that equation for jack.

Hadn't seen this mentioned. http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...gizes-For-Verbal-Altercation-With-Mike-Malone

Two guys I'm following around the league; Malone because he was our beloved coach, and Mudiay because we passed on him in the draft. He's been horribly inefficient so far and appears to have some attitude issues (refused to work out for us and Orlando IIRC.) Looks like more of a project than many people thought. I remember some folks were mad we drafted Willie instead, but it looks like the Kings got that pick somewhat right this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.