[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (OCT/NOV)

• Thread starter Yahoo! Sports - NBA -
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to wonder if, quiet as it's kept, if Tyreke Evans isn't the real best player on the Pelicans... Like, on the low, Anthony Davis is in his fourth season, and he's been steady putting up video game numbers the whole time, but the only time that team's had a winning record since Davis has been there was the one year that Evans was healthy.
I still think getting Gentry was a terrible decision. Their defense is horrible.

K

KingMilz

I'm starting to wonder if, quiet as it's kept, if Tyreke Evans isn't the real best player on the Pelicans... Like, on the low, Anthony Davis is in his fourth season, and he's been steady putting up video game numbers the whole time, but the only time that team's had a winning record since Davis has been there was the one year that Evans was healthy.
AD is the best player on the Pelicans but Tyreke is imo the most important. He's the only guy they got that can create for himself and others, Holiday has not been the player he was in Philly and that trade that sent away Noel right now is looking beyond awful.

Eric Bledsoe so far this season has imo been the 4th best PG in the NBA after Curry/WB/Cp3 if Westbrook is the most intense/high energy player in the NBA than Bledsoe is 2nd after him. The guy plays both ends hard for 35+ mins every game.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

The way Brad Stevens is having the Celtics play defense is remarkable. I mean, Amir Johnson and Jae Crowder are both good to plus defenders and between Smart and Bradley I figured that the backcourt defense would be good but even defensive blackhole IT has been buying in and at least trying. (Coincidently, IT is shooting .298 from the three while averaging 6.3 attempts per game, which is barely better than noted horrible shooter Rajon Rondo).

Also, the Rockets are awful.

K

KingMilz

Mario Chalmers has seriously sparked the Grizzlies so far, even Jeff Green is playing hard with emotion. They look like a completely different team even with Z-Bo not playing anywhere near his best. Lee/Chamlers are a hell of back up backcourt.

Mario Chalmers has seriously sparked the Grizzlies so far, even Jeff Green is playing hard with emotion. They look like a completely different team even with Z-Bo not playing anywhere near his best. Lee/Chamlers are a hell of back up backcourt.
I always liked Chalmers' game. He plays hard and has been doing great so far for the Grizzlies. I thought he would have been a great fit next to Evans when he was here. I remember trying to run through scenarios a couple years back to make a Chalmers/Evans/Batum/Gibson/Cousins lineup. That would have been a fun team to watch :)

McHale is gone. What happened there? I didn't think he was a great coach, but the Rockets just came off a 56 win season and 2nd place in the Western Conference, including an impressive playoff series win against the Clippers. Their start has been bad, but not fire the coach bad.

McHale is gone. What happened there? I didn't think he was a great coach, but the Rockets just came off a 56 win season and 2nd place in the Western Conference, including an impressive playoff series win against the Clippers. Their start has been bad, but not fire the coach bad.
I agree. Crazy to fire McHale already. Grant it, they have a potential championship roster so they should be better.

Howard missed 4 games....added Lawson....

Well, maybe they have just enough chaos to fall from playoff contention. I'd want to wait for awhile to assume this, but its a nice thought.

I am watching Min@Orl right now. Interesting dynamic: with Fournier getting more ballhandling duties and Payton keeping his Oladipo is relegated to 3&D guy, and he's not that good with the first part. Tobias Harris is worse off the ball as well - too many cooks in the starting lineup, so they have to move someone. Plus patented Skiles' D is nowhere to be found.

Towns plays like a PF. Enough physicality to deal with Vucevic, but shouldn't battle with big guys. He has good enough handles and shooting for a PF.

If Kerr doesn't return by the end of the season/ only right at the end would Walton technically be eligible for COY? Considering they're not counting these wins as his...

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
it seems to me that every single Orlando home game this season has been decided by 3-4 points...a lot of close calls. What a sick block by KAT! that's the ROY right there.

K

KingMilz

it seems to me that every single Orlando home game this season has been decided by 3-4 points...a lot of close calls. What a sick block by KAT! that's the ROY right there.
Fournier with massive daggers, dude is Orlando's best player so far and he's being played out of position at SF as well.

Rick Carlise is a beast coach the Mavs are 8-4 despite Wes/Deron/Parsons limping up and down the court and missing games (also been resting Dirk). He's risen Felton from the dead turned a throw in from the Rondo traded into a 10/10 back up. Dirks on his last legs and Zaza looks like a terrific pick up.

Last edited by a moderator:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't watch that many NBA games if it's not the Kings or the playoffs. I'll confess, though, that my TV is on ESPN right now, and I'm looking forward to watching the Bulls@Warriors.

K

KingMilz

This is the first Bulls game I've watched this year. What's happened to Joakim Noah?
He's been terrible for years, Nene pretty much took his soul in the playoffs 2 years ago after Noah just won DPOY, he just looks to me like he's not moving right and his confidence on offense has plummeted.

Also Zaza Paculia is a BEAST arguably the best pick up of the season so far the toughness/IQ and scrapping that guy provides has been a major factor in the Mavs going 9-4 so far.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
He's been terrible for years, Nene pretty much took his soul in the playoffs 2 years ago after Noah just won DPOY, he just looks to me like he's not moving right and his confidence on offense has plummeted.

Also Zaza Paculia is a BEAST arguably the best pick up of the season so far the toughness/IQ and scrapping that guy provides has been a major factor in the Mavs going 9-4 so far.
I think Tom Thibodeau wore him out to be honest. He wanted 110% every time all the time and for a big...that just isn't going to work long term.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I know it's still early but it's always fun to look at the Western Conference picture and how it's going to be when playoff time comes around. Spurs are still trying to get acclimated with Aldridge on the roster, Rockets are pretenders & if LA is Golden State's biggest competition in the West...might as well pencil them in the finals once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.