[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (MAR/APR)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I thought initially that was a typo...70? on 40 shots, took only 11 three point field goals, made 24 out of 26 FTs and shot 52% overall

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Although... if I had one of the eleven-highest scoring games in NBA history, and my team still lost by double-digits, I would be heated.
I almost feel like he got those points simply because there was no one else on his team capable of scoring. Thanks to Phoenix's blatant tank for (insert guy here) strategy, the second best player on the Suns team that showed up last night was arguably bazillion-year-old Leandro Barbossa.

Phoenix fans should be excited.... but my view of that accomplishment is this: http://deadspin.com/devin-bookers-70-point-game-was-kind-of-a-gimmick-1793637664

Of all scores of 60+, ignoring Wilt who was routinely there, there is only one time in 77-78 season that scorer was playing for the team that was blown away by the opposing team.
http://www.landofbasketball.com/records/60_or_more_points.htm

From purely scoring perspective, I am more impressed with his three 38-39 point games against Mavs and Spurs this season that this marketing crap.

Nurkic is going off against his former team. I wonder if he is trying to make a statement? :rolleyes:
Mike Malone has been a horrific coach at Denver. They need to can him if they want to be a legitimate team. How the hell did it even take Malone 30 games to realize that Jokic was a starting caliber player? Ridiculous. I also don't know how he couldn't find a way to make Jokic-Nurkic work.

Malone is a terrible coach. He might've been able to get through Cousins, but he hasn't done anything as a coach.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Welp, the Nuggets have completely imploded and the Blazers just lost Nurk for two weeks.

Had we not traded Cuz, this would have probably been the stretch that propelled the Kings back to the cusp of relevancy for the first time since Ron Ron was Ron Ron.
If there was a #Culture playoffs, we'd only trail the Spurs. So there's that.

(I will always be bitter and hold a pill of resentment for this stupid trade, and my method of coping is non stop snark.)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
New Orleans' backs are against the wall, after a home loss to Chicago, despite a combined 56 points and 29 rebounds from Cousins and Davis: Portland can eliminate them from playoff contention with a win against Minnesota tomorrow.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
34/12 for Towns, as Minnesota upsets Portland, in a game that the Trailblazers could have eliminated New Orleans from contention. #BigManLove

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Interesting bit of trivia pointed out on NBA TV: the Charlotte Hornets are the only current NBA team with five NCAA National Champions (Kemba Walker, Jeremy Lamb, Miles Plumlee, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Marvin Williams).

Game of the day: Dallas vs Phoenix

Will Booker break 70pt record, will the first team to score win by 2:0, will mascots be allowed to sub, will random 10 folks from the audience end the game, will the record number of TO in the last 2 min be broken ... possibilities are endless.

Must watch with Benny Hill music in the background.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Game of the day: Dallas vs Phoenix

Will Booker break 70pt record, will the first team to score win by 2:0, will mascots be allowed to sub, will random 10 folks from the audience end the game, will the record number of TO in the last 2 min be broken ... possibilities are endless.

Must watch with Benny Hill music in the background.
The game is on the same time as the Kings. I have an obligation this afternoon I simply cannot get out of so looks like I'll have TWO games to watch when I get home.