[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (MAR/APR)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So, I just realized something as I was sitting here listening to The Right Time with Bomani Jones: as a result of the Seventy-Sixers declaring Joel Embiid out for the rest of the season, Embiid will end up not playing in enough games to be eligible for Rookie of the Year. The only other rookie averaging double-figures is Dario Šarić. Šarić is averaging all of 11.3 points and 6.2 rebounds per game.

Rookies who may still have a shot are Malcolm Brogdon (MIL), Jamal Murray (DEN), Brandon Ingram (lal) and, incredibly enough, Stephen Curry 2.0 (SAC). Yogi Ferrell has been coming on strong for Dallas but, as I understand it, the Mavericks don't have enough games left on their schedule for him to be eligible.

Between those guys, I would probably personally give it to Murray, if the Nuggets make the playoffs, but then that would be precedent-setting, in that there has never been a Rookie of the Year recipient to average single-digit points for a season in the history of the award: Murray is currently averaging 8.9 points per game.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'd give it to Brogdon, he has been solid all season long. Milwaukee has been on a severe spiral. One figures after Middleton came back they would be better off but they've been worse.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Jeanie Buss thwarted an effort by her brothers, Jim and Johnny, that could oust her as the Lakers president and controlling owner as the behind the scenes battle for control of the franchise moved into the courtroom. Attorneys for Jeanie Buss sought a temporary restraining order in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday to prevent the brothers from holding a meeting next week to elect a new board of directors for the team.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-buss-lakers-20170303-story.html

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Nets beat the Grizz at their place...at least we aren't the only one losing to them on our own homecourt.

Miami isn't playing around, beat Cleveland at their place. Waiters chucks his way to victory.

I know Mark Cuban is not well liked here, but he knows how to run a basketball team. Signed Barnes and Curry in the summer and then basically got Noel for nothing. They are now recovered from their terrible start.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

This young fan in San Antonio is never going to understand why athletes at the top of their game need "rest"... If the league is primarily a business, then they need to address this issue. It's not fair to the people who paid to see the STARS.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Pelicans with a big win against Memphis, but their slim playoff hopes probably come to an end this weekend: three games in four nights, including the single-toughest back-to-back in basketball (@HOU, @DEN, @UTA).

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

A big-to-big pick and roll. If Dell Demps can put some half-decent role players around these two guys, the league is in trouble.
It will also probably require a coach that isn't Alvin Gentry. While Gentry isn't a bad coach, he's a horrible fit for a team featuring the two best big men in the NBA.

Chriss numbers in March are so damn impressive. In his last game against Whiteside, he had 24 pts, 7 rebounds and 2 steals on 7-9 shooting from the field and 2-2 from 3!

He was the only player who actually played well for Phoenix in that game.