[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (OCT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest issue is the one they've had since getting AD, he wants to play PF but he doesn't help any team there. Him next to another big man like Howard or Jordan is not going to compete in the modern league. AD needs to play the same kind of role Bjelica is for his team to succeed.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Good for him though. He finally gets to play for a coach that actually knows how to use a skilled big like him.
He's not being used all that differently from how Luke would use him out of those horn sets. It just helps that Steph's shooting keeps the inside lane open for him to drive or find cutters in unlike in Sacramento when we'd have a second big out there clogging the paint for some reason.

Also Bjeli's got fresh legs tonight and in true Bjeli fashion will probably follow this game with a couple more good ones followed by a week where he looks absolutely unplayable.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The biggest issue is the one they've had since getting AD, he wants to play PF but he doesn't help any team there. Him next to another big man like Howard or Jordan is not going to compete in the modern league. AD needs to play the same kind of role Bjelica is for his team to succeed.
He probably could play 4 but only if the 5s he's playing next to pose some sort of threat offensively. That's why Marc Gasol next to him seemed like a nice pairing. Gasol could shoot and pass and generally keep his defender occupied but Howard and DJ are pretty much useless unless they're on the receiving end of a lob.

He's not being used all that differently from how Luke would use him out of those horn sets. It just helps that Steph's shooting keeps the inside lane open for him to drive or find cutters in unlike in Sacramento when we'd have a second big out there clogging the paint for some reason.

Also Bjeli's got fresh legs tonight and in true Bjeli fashion will probably follow this game with a couple more good ones followed by a week where he looks absolutely unplayable.
Every play is him in pick and roll or off screens with a wide open middle. No other big in his way, nor is he being put in the post like Walton would run.

He probably could play 4 but only if the 5s he's playing next to pose some sort of threat offensively. That's why Marc Gasol next to him seemed like a nice pairing. Gasol could shoot and pass and generally keep his defender occupied but Howard and DJ are pretty much useless unless they're on the receiving end of a lob.
And he lacks a certain toughness. He's like a better version of Porzingis at heart.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Was not expecting that Bjelica stat line and +/- after reading through most of the comments here lol
Bjeli is as Bjeli does. Super efficient performance in which he looks like mini Jokic one night. Super ugly performance in which he can't get any push behind his shot and gets blown away on defense the next. Super happy for him to finally be in a system that'll use him right (at least until Wiseman and Kuminga get back) but he also wouldn't have fit in with the style of basketball the Kings are currently trying to play.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I dunno, having gotten burned by the Bjelica roller coaster his first year in Sacramento, when he was absolutely ridiculously good to start the season only to taper off to the point of getting benched, I guess I'm just a little cautious as far as Bjelica is concerned.

(He also does this same exact thing like every single year in international play).

I dunno, having gotten burned by the Bjelica roller coaster his first year in Sacramento, when he was absolutely ridiculously good to start the season only to taper off to the point of getting benched, I guess I'm just a little cautious as far as Bjelica is concerned.

(He also does this same exact thing like every single year in international play).
He's perfect for their system but we'll see. He obviously has weaknesses but Kerr gets the most out of skilled players unlike the Kings recent coaches.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
something about addition by subtraction and not worth the money. He clearly subtracted from the Hawks.
He wasn't even their third or fourth best player by the end of their playoff run and now his contract is making it so they probably have to unload at least one of their young wings lest they be stuck in cap hell forever.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I just can't wait for Vogel to get the axe so good 'ol Zen Master Phil can step on up and carry it home haha.
There is not a single coach in the history of pro basketball who is capable of figuring out what to do with that mess of a roster Pelinka has assembled.

They have no shooters and all of their role players are at least a half decade past their prime.

There is not a single coach in the history of pro basketball who is capable of figuring out what to do with that mess of a roster Pelinka has assembled.

They have no shooters and all of their role players are at least a half decade past their prime.
And Vogel panics too often. He put Rondo/Westbrook out there against the Kings in the preseason and actually put Rondo and Bradley who they just picked up out there in crunch time. Just crazy stuff. He's a good coach and maybe since Bron is the real coach, he's just focusing to hard on the only thing he's really in charge of with his rotations?

They'll figure it out I'm sure but yeah, it's a strange roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.