[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (OCT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This Mavs offensive scheme is just as bad as the Bucks one was when Kidd was coaching only this time they have Luka so things shouldn't look as ugly as they do right now.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Cam Reddish gonna get an absurdly big contract offer but probably won't be from the Hawks
Out of curiosity, why do you think that Atlanta wouldn't be willing to pay Reddish, when he was part of the Doncic trade? Getting two stars that they can build their team around for a decade would absolutely validate that trade, for the Hawks.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Out of curiosity, why do you think that Atlanta wouldn't be willing to pay Reddish, when he was part of the Doncic trade? Getting two stars that they can build their team around for a decade would absolutely validate that trade, for the Hawks.
Because they’re essentially out of functional cap space once Trae’s contract kicks in (especially if his cap hit grows with an all-star spot) and they still have to pay Hunter too.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Because they’re essentially out of functional cap space once Trae’s contract kicks in (especially if his cap hit grows with an all-star spot) and they still have to pay Hunter too.
  1. Bird Rights
  2. Atlanta has a team that might have a shot, if they stay together: Young, Collins, Hunter, Reddish and Huerter just might be the core of a legitimate title contender, in the east, 3-4 years from now. I think, if you run the Hawks, you've got to give it a shot, at least, for a couple of years. Fill in the gaps with minimum salary vets, if you have to.
  3. Don't forget that the Hawks also have a relatively new management group. New guys tend to be willing to spend money. At least, at first.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
  1. Bird Rights
  2. Atlanta has a team that might have a shot, if they stay together: Young, Collins, Hunter, Reddish and Huerter just might be the core of a legitimate title contender, in the east, 3-4 years from now. I think, if you run the Hawks, you've got to give it a shot, at least, for a couple of years. Fill in the gaps with minimum salary vets, if you have to.
  3. Don't forget that the Hawks also have a relatively new management group. New guys tend to be willing to spend money. At least, at first.
The issue is that they've already spent money though. Galo's off their books next season but Bogi's still got three more seasons of taking up almost 20 mil a year and John Collins and Capela's new extensions aren't exactly team friendly. With the way teams are throwing offers at wings right now, the Hawks might not enough room against the cap ceiling to sign everyone.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
The issue is that they've already spent money though. Galo's off their books next season but Bogi's still got three more seasons of taking up almost 20 mil a year and John Collins and Capela's new extensions aren't exactly team friendly. With the way teams are throwing offers at wings right now, the Hawks might not enough room against the cap ceiling to sign everyone.
My guess is they'll find someone to take Capela off their hands, before they let Reddish go. I think, by Opening Night 2022, the Hawks' starting frontcourt will be Reddish/Hunter/Collins. And I fully expect someone who's close to make a play for Bogdanovic, as well.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
My guess is they'll find someone to take Capela off their hands, before they let Reddish go. I think, by Opening Night 2022, the Hawks' starting frontcourt will be Reddish/Hunter/Collins. And I fully expect someone who's close to make a play for Bogdanovic, as well.
I think you're right but if I'm in their shoes I'm trying to trade Collins more than I am Clint. Clint makes that defense work and they already drafted Jalen Johnson to take Collins's place in their rotation. No easy answers but having Trae/Huerter/Capela/Collins already locked up relatively long term is a good start.

Bogdan's contract overlaps 1 year for 18M with any new contract for Hunter/Redish. It still remains to be seen how much Redish can command. Hunter looks much more solid and he will get paid. I'm not sure if Redish will be consistent enough to demand a large contract though. But if he can put the injuries behind him, maybe

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Gee, whoever it was who said that Vivek added men to the dance team because the Kings were going broke, I guess the Warriors are going broke too.

Status
Not open for further replies.