[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (OCT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I received THIS in an email today.

Part 1: Illegal Contact Initiated by Offensive Players
Part 1 of the video provides examples and guidance on illegal contact initiated by offensive players.​

Part 2: Freedom of Movement, Traveling, and Respect for the Game
Part 2 includes guidance on freedom of movement (perimeter and post), traveling and respect for the game.​

The "Gather"
This video provides an overview of rules regarding traveling for standing & progressing players, dribbling players, as well as specifically addresses the concept of the “gather.”​

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Zion apparently injured his knee and is going in for further testing.

Not great for an undersized but overweight player who's elite athleticism is what sets him apart as a prospect. It also feels like this is the tenth time he's been injured since being drafted in June.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Not great for an undersized but overweight player who's elite athleticism is what sets him apart as a prospect. It also feels like this is the tenth time he's been injured since being drafted in June.
The ghost of Greg Oden on line 1.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

a knee injury. not a surprise. that was bound to happen considering all that weight on his knees.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
a knee injury. not a surprise. that was bound to happen considering all that weight on his knees.
Not just the weight but his style of play (all dunking all the time) is a blown ACL waiting to happen.

He wouldn't be the first unicorn big guy to have his legs ruined by playing in Alvin Gentry's system either.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Not just the weight but his style of play (all dunking all the time) is a blown ACL waiting to happen.

He wouldn't be the first unicorn big guy to have his legs ruined by playing in Alvin Gentry's system either.
even before Gentry, Davis had injury concerns. I don't think it's the system too much.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
even before Gentry, Davis had injury concerns. I don't think it's the system too much.
I was talking more about how Gentry playing Boogie 45 minutes a night for a full month permanently ruined one of the most underrated players of the decade's legs. AD has only been in LA for like a month and has already hurt his thumb.

I was talking more about how Gentry playing Boogie 45 minutes a night for a full month permanently ruined one of the most underrated players of the decade's legs. AD has only been in LA for like a month and has already hurt his thumb.
To be fair, Cousins started having his 'sore achilles' issues while he was still on the Kings. Gentry definitely put the final dagger in that in a way that D'Antoni could only admire.

Status
Not open for further replies.