[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
We live in a weird world when I feel more confident in the Kings defense than the defenses of most of the other “contenders” in the west.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
KD literally had his hand on Laurie’s hip like they were about to slow dance together and hit him on the wrist but no foul?
well you see he got ball and apparently ignoring precedent in a manner that would make the supreme court blush that now allows him to do whatever afterwards.

I refuse to believe Lebron is his listed age. The man’s playing like he’s still in his prime.
Despite the "rivalry" between him and Brooks being completely one sided it has become must watch television, Brooks had a game himself I can't remember a one on one match up I enjoyed this much in a long time even if it is a complete mismatch.

Cade needs to lead by example. Shooting better than 40% from the field and 30% from 3 would be a start.

3rd year in and he's been remarkably inconsistently bad.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
these Philly jerseys for this tournament are just atrocious, its a jersey with a slogan instead of just keeping it simple with maybe a liberty bell or anything else really will suffice

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Indy with 122 and the 4th quarter just started. I keep saying it but I'll say it again, they've stolen the Kings beam and have inherited the GOAT offense for this early season

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Tyrese dropped a bajillion points this half and Buddy literally hasn’t missed and they’re still on the verge of ending up tied with the Hawks.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Tyrese fumbles the ball directly into Trae’s lap and then Dejounte randomly tries to score a layup with his team down 3 with like ten seconds left and loses the ball on the way up. Pacers win but I feel like I just had a stroke lol

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Cade needs to lead by example. Shooting better than 40% from the field and 30% from 3 would be a start.

3rd year in and he's been remarkably inconsistently bad.
I'm not watching Detroit play much so I'm not going to speculate whether Cade is more on the problem side or the solution side when it comes to digging Detroit out of this hole but it's really only his second season in terms of games played and Detroit's front office has spent the last three years throwing a lot of different bodies at the wall and seemingly exhibiting zero patience with any of them..

*Saddiq Bey was probably their most consistent player two years ago and they shipped him off mid rookie contract anyway.

*In the 21-22 season a preposterous number of players (27) filtered in and out of their active roster.

*It seemed like they stumbled into a good thing with Jalen Duren last year but you wouldn't know it the way they doubled down on feeding Marvin Bagley the ball and pursued James Wiseman and gave him 25 minutes per game to try and figure things out.

*Jaden Ivey has gone from top 5 pick and rookie of the year hopeful to red-headed step child in just one off-season.

There's just a whole lot about this team that doesn't make sense. Cade isn't doing himself any favors with his shooting splits but when you look at the chaos going on around him, it's probably not a stretch to say he's been set up to fail. Badly run organizations often sabotage players and then look to the draft for another potential franchise savior to pin their hopes on and completely undermine with their roster moves.

Pacers remind me of last years Kings team. Humming offense but can’t seem to build any separation. You look at the night Tyrese and Buddy had and they somehow lose to the Raptors at home

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Josh Giddey being the odd man out in OKC was bad enough for them but with what just came out about him the dude’s trade value has probably gone down by 200% so that’s double bad for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.