[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Between Cade, Duren, and Ausar, the Pistons have a nice young core to build around that Jaden Ivey absolutely isn’t a part of anymore lol (Sasser already taking his rotation minutes).
Pistons may be better off selling high on Jaden while he still has value. He may be heading down the Kris Dunn path

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Pretty much everyone in the NBA world is rooting for Harden to fail at this point. It feels almost inevitable and the only thing that even slightly bothers me about it is that he's going to inadvertently take a lot of the heat off of Kawhi Leonard and Paul George who already blew up the Clippers by demanding face of the franchise treatment then only showing up for 2/3 of their games for the past 4 years.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
one day when James burns all his bridges, someone play this video at his intervention or therapy session

just saw that Slim posted this before me so I'll just leave it up but leave the video for extra emphasis

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Jenkins going after them. sounds like a man who is on the hot seat
Dude probably shouldn’t be on the hot seat. Really not his fault that his GM traded away his really good backup PG despite knowing Ja would miss the first 30% of the season and then expected him to win with Marcus Smart, who shouldn’t really be trying to create shots for himself, and a bunch of guys who can’t create for themselves. Also a bunch of the picks that the Grizzlies got praised for have not worked out great as of now (Ziare Williams is pretty much the same exact guy he was on draft night and essentially all the players they acquired since Ja are solid grind it out role players who excel at covering for and playing off of Ja but not much else).

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Dude probably shouldn’t be on the hot seat. Really not his fault that his GM traded away his really good backup PG despite knowing Ja would miss the first 30% of the season and then expected him to win with Marcus Smart, who shouldn’t really be trying to create shots for himself, and a bunch of guys who can’t create for themselves. Also a bunch of the picks that the Grizzlies got praised for have not worked out great as of now (Ziare Williams is pretty much the same exact guy he was on draft night and essentially all the players they acquired since Ja are solid grind it out role players who excel at covering for and playing off of Ja but not much else).
I like Jenkins. His coaching style fits that Grizz culture. But we both know the coach is usually the first axe to drop followed by core players. will be interesting to see what direction they head in once Ja is eligible to return and what their record is by that time. Maybe they just use this year to load manage down the stretch if playoffs/play-in are out of reach and acquire a lottery talent to pair with Ja, Jaren and Bane.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I like Jenkins. His coaching style fits that Grizz culture. But we both know the coach is usually the first axe to drop followed by core players. will be interesting to see what direction they head in once Ja is eligible to return and what their record is by that time. Maybe they just use this year to load manage down the stretch if playoffs/play-in are out of reach and acquire a lottery talent to pair with Ja, Jaren and Bane.
Yeah, I was about to say, in a normal year, it might be prudent for them to see how things go until Ja is eligible to return and then just tank if things don’t appear to be getting better by then. But this draft class by all accounts is super weak at the top with no real superstar prospects to tank for like there would be next year with Cooper Flagg available. Like if the Grizzlies tanked, they’d be doing it for the chance to draft another number three level guy while they already have two of them in JJJ and Bane. I’m just not sure what they can do at this point to get better enough to get back in the thick of things.

Between Cade, Duren, and Ausar, the Pistons have a nice young core to build around that Jaden Ivey absolutely isn’t a part of anymore lol (Sasser already taking his rotation minutes).
Ausar is freaking awesome. Had no idea this was his archetype of player. But dude just gobbles boards for a living and is already legitimately great on defense and is a pretty great passer too. Maybe a non-pyscho Draymond Green type?

But yeah, if I were them, I'm looking to plug 2 elite shooters next to those 3. I think Cade/Ausar/Duren is probably good enough defensively and would immensely benefit from elite shooting around them. Ivey just takes the ball out of the hands of guys who should have it

Status
Not open for further replies.