[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the NO-Lakers game with about 2 minutes remaining and the scored tied, LBJ walks the ball up the court. He just meanders up the floor like he's God almighty and they are entitled to win the game. Nobody caught the fact that he didn't get past the half court line within 8 seconds. I have it on tape. Not the officials, not the announcers, nobody caught it. We'll probably hear about it from the NBA after they review the tape. Sorry, we made a mistake. How many freaking ref calls are the Lakers going to get this year?
As many as they need. Look at the ratings decline--whenever ratings plateau or decline the league starts pumping the Lakers. The only period of time, in my lifetime, that the Lakers were allowed to wander in the wilderness was the mid-90s when the league was able to coast on astronomical ratings generated by MJ.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
As many as they need. Look at the ratings decline--whenever ratings plateau or decline the league starts pumping the Lakers. The only period of time, in my lifetime, that the Lakers were allowed to wander in the wilderness was the mid-90s when the league was able to coast on astronomical ratings generated by MJ.
:mad::mad::mad:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
In the NO-Lakers game with about 2 minutes remaining and the scored tied, LBJ walks the ball up the court. He just meanders up the floor like he's God almighty and they are entitled to win the game. Nobody caught the fact that he didn't get past the half court line within 8 seconds. I have it on tape. Not the officials, not the announcers, nobody caught it. We'll probably hear about it from the NBA after they review the tape. Sorry, we made a mistake. How many freaking ref calls are the Lakers going to get this year?
He's done that at least once before. I don't remember which game, but I do remember a couple of the opposing bench players yelling about it to no avail.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So, as we have reached the quarter pole of the NBA season, it is time to revisit a comparison:

PPG
Player A: 17.5
Player B: 17.9

APG (both players are point guards)
Player A: 4.3
Player B: 7.6

3P%
Player A: 38.9
Player B: 41.1

PER
Player A: 15.28
Player B: 17.04

One of these players is making $1.5M this season. The other is making $20M. Do you know which one is which?

... 'Cause I ****ing bet you he does.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He's been pretty good the last few weeks. I really thought he would be out of the league after his second stint with the Kings but to his credit he must have improved somehow. He's always had a beautiful looking shot.
I’ve always figured teams aren’t just constantly blowing smoke about him being a practice all-star... he’d be out of the league at this point if he didn’t show something somewhere. There’s always been talent in there, just always locked behind some sort of live-game mental block.

James Harden with a pretty efficient 60 tonight. Say what you want about his game, his stupid beard, his general aloofness, him paying a girl 50k a month to be his girlfriend (allegedly), etc...................the guy can flat out score. Incredible scorer and nobody has mastered scoring under the current NBA rules more than he has.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
My dude McBen with a cool 21/11rebs tonight.
Ben McLemore is weird: through nineteen games, he has as many 20+ point games as he did his entire last season with Sacramento, but is still somehow averaging fewer points. Which suggests that he just swings back and forth between competent and awful, with no in-between.

In fact, McLemore's sophomore season is the only one of his career where he had more 20+ point games (13) than he has this season (3). And if Eric Gordon weren't made of cotton candy, he probably wouldn't have that many, either.

I’ve always figured teams aren’t just constantly blowing smoke about him being a practice all-star... he’d be out of the league at this point if he didn’t show something somewhere. There’s always been talent in there, just always locked behind some sort of live-game mental block.
Well his biggest flaw has always been lack of handle and of course lack of basketball IQ. He's also too passive and just flat out too nice for his own good. It's too bad because he's a nice guy and seemingly a great teammate. While he was born with great physical skills he was also born without personality traits that you need at the highest level.

You put a guy like Patrick Beverly in Ben's body and you'd have a perennial all-star.

So, as we have reached the quarter pole of the NBA season, it is time to revisit a comparison:

PPG
Player A: 17.5
Player B: 17.9

APG (both players are point guards)
Player A: 4.3
Player B: 7.6

3P%
Player A: 38.9
Player B: 41.1

PER
Player A: 15.28
Player B: 17.04

One of these players is making $1.5M this season. The other is making $20M. Do you know which one is which?

... 'Cause I ****ing bet you he does.
I'm guessing that player A is Terry Rozier & player B is Devonte Graham.

Status
Not open for further replies.