[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the NBA, but it is very distracting watching people carry the ball, travel with it and double dribble all the time. We played street ball tighter than a lot of games on TV. I guess it is show business, and offense is what people want to see. After having a "poiint of emphasis" on things like carrying the ball, now the rules are more loosely enforced than ever.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
There's just no way in heck you're gonna let that go, is there? :p
Nope. It is an idiotic choice of randomly mixing upper case and lower case letters within a professional sports team name. It looks absolutely stupid. I can't believe after all these years nobody has fixed it.

I like the NBA, but it is very distracting watching people carry the ball, travel with it and double dribble all the time. We played street ball tighter than a lot of games on TV. I guess it is show business, and offense is what people want to see. After having a "poiint of emphasis" on things like carrying the ball, now the rules are more loosely enforced than ever.
We have a Willie watch thread, but we can't talk about NBA officiating?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Considering their respective records, the score at the end of the first quarter of this Wizards/lakers game should hardly be considered surprising... unless you happened to be aware that the Wizards started this game on a 9-0 run, and led by as many as 11 in the first four minutes.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
In the NO-Lakers game with about 2 minutes remaining and the scored tied, LBJ walks the ball up the court. He just meanders up the floor like he's God almighty and they are entitled to win the game. Nobody caught the fact that he didn't get past the half court line within 8 seconds. I have it on tape. Not the officials, not the announcers, nobody caught it. We'll probably hear about it from the NBA after they review the tape. Sorry, we made a mistake. How many freaking ref calls are the Lakers going to get this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.