[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (MAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I have been a fan of Bagley since he started making noise at 15 yrs old. His biggest detriments since joining the Kings have been injuries and ego. He finally started making an impact as a player this season when he put his ego aside and played the role that was asked of him. That is also why his trade value increased. Coaches don't like dealing with prima donnas, much less ones that aren't star players.
I stuck up for him as long as I reasonably could. Fact is he's playing for his next contract right now, let's see if his dad can keep quiet next season especially if he has to take a step back in pay and isn't a starter.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That game featured a center getting a double-double with assists, and a point guard on the same team getting a double-double with rebounds... The hell we doing?

Speaking of hell (beep), Art Briles (s/o to Stugotz).

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Watching Utah Jazz fans concoct bizarre trade ideas where they move Donovan Mitchell for picks to build around Gobert is my new favorite pastime.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
At least he got his contract.
Yeah, it's the Brandon Roy situation all over again. Everyone knew the injury history at the time of the draft. He slipped because of it and Denver took a calculated risk that may not pay off. He's young enough that he'll probably play again but mobility may always be an issue. At least in this case Denver isn't completely sunk without him.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yeah, it's the Brandon Roy situation all over again. Everyone knew the injury history at the time of the draft. He slipped because of it and Denver took a calculated risk that may not pay off. He's young enough that he'll probably play again but mobility may always be an issue. At least in this case Denver isn't completely sunk without him.
One of my favorite bits of NBA trivia continues to be that Portland went 57-25 in the 82 games they got out of having Roy, Oden and Aldridge at the same time.

Gotta feel happy for that family though. Pre-draft, there were a number of articles about how a number of his family members had to retire early from hoops, because medical issues. His contract should set them up for generations.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
One of my favorite bits of NBA trivia continues to be that Portland went 57-25 in the 82 games they got out of having Roy, Oden and Aldridge at the same time.
I've always been a fan of that because not only was it almost a .700 winning clip but it worked out to exactly one full NBA season which makes it more impressive/sad.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Nuggets need to sell Murray and Porter while the value is still respectable and find Jokic some reliable help instead
The issue is they can't trade this year's pick until draft day and can trade any other first round picks until 2026/2027. MPJ's 30 million dollar per year mega contract doesn't even start until next year and is 5 years long, so unless some front office out there is irrationally high on him, Denver would probably have to throw another asset in to make a team give them something good back.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The issue is they can't trade this year's pick until draft day and can trade any other first round picks until 2026/2027. MPJ's 30 million dollar per year mega contract doesn't even start until next year and is 5 years long, so unless some front office out there is irrationally high on him, Denver would probably have to throw another asset in to make a team give them something good back.
if I'm Denver, I'm going after Beal, Dame or Siakam. Those teams will rebuild eventually, question is how soon. Yes, Raptors have a winning record this season but let's not fool ourselves, they aren't going anywhere as constructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.