[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (MAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Spoelstra is a Heat coach as long as he wants to be so Jimmy ought to tread lightly unless he wants a new destination
They're both fiery guys and they've got Miami in first place in the East over all the super teams and the defending champs. I'm guessing whatever this was about both of them are over it in 24 hours and it's back to business as usual.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
They're both fiery guys and they've got Miami in first place in the East over all the super teams and the defending champs. I'm guessing whatever this was about both of them are over it in 24 hours and it's back to business as usual.
To be fair, Butler and Thibs were both fiery individuals and they nearly broke the Wolves franchise.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
You may very well be right. It's just unusual to see a coach go after his player on three different occasions

Lyles with 11/18 tonight.

Just a reminder to direct your hate towards the franchise that failed to develop him properly.
I really don't know what Lyles playing well has to do with anything.

It's really not the point.

The point is posters hating on the dude when he's been putting up pretty solid numbers in Detroit.

No need to try to make him out to be some scrub so you can feel better about yourself.

It's ok to be a Kings fan and to also acknowledge that this has been a pee poorly run organization for about 15 years now.

Do I think Marvin is some amazing superstar ? No, I don't.

But he's not a scrub, no matter how much posters want him to be.

The point is posters hating on the dude when he's been putting up pretty solid numbers in Detroit.

No need to try to make him out to be some scrub so you can feel better about yourself.

It's ok to be a Kings fan and to also acknowledge that this has been a pee poorly run organization for about 15 years now.

I mean, not really? Basically the only thing that's changed is he's making more 2pt shots to get his efficiency to more passable levels at 56% TS, compared to 52% with the Kings this year. That's basically in line with his healthier years with the Kings (56% his rookie year, 55% last year).

Still not hitting any sort of a jumper, not getting to the FT line nearly enough for an offensive big (and only 59% with the Pistons), still a disastrously low AST rate, and the DET DefRtg is 3 points worse with him on the floor. The offense is .9 better to be fair, so he's a -2.1 NET so far as a Piston. Fine enough for a bench big, but nothing we already didn't know.

I have been a fan of Bagley since he started making noise at 15 yrs old. His biggest detriments since joining the Kings have been injuries and ego. He finally started making an impact as a player this season when he put his ego aside and played the role that was asked of him. That is also why his trade value increased. Coaches don't like dealing with prima donnas, much less ones that aren't star players.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
LOL Cody Martin suddenly turning into Kobe to help the Hornets maintain their lead on the Nets.

Pretty sure Eric Collins just had an orgasm on the air.

Luke Walton could've utilised him more often and in different roles and probably did the most damage to MBIII's career as a King. MBIII didn't help with his injuries, his impatience, the external noise, and his inability to be be better than Holmes. I supported him while he was here but am happy to have the very impactful DDV instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.