[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (MAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
LeBron James left the ATL/lal game early in the second quarter, with an ankle injury. He did not return for the second half.

Just before leaving the game, he hit a three-pointer, to extend his NBA record double-digit scoring streak to 1036 games.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
In other news, the Rockets have lost twenty in a row, the ninth-longest losing streak in league history, and the longest since 2015-16 (76ers). I'm also finding it difficult to muster any sympathy for them, because they got rid of everybody responsible for implementing that trash offensive system, including the superstar that it was built around, and they're still running it, anyway.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Don't know about that; might depend on whether or not the Kings make a push for the play-in games. Ball is going to end up having played in 57 percent of his teams' games and, if the voters think that's enough to qualify, it's still his to lose, unless Haliburton kicks it into turbo, down the stretch.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Chris Paul just became the sixth player to tally 10,000 career assists, on a lob to DeAndre Ayton. He is 541 points away from becoming the first player in NBA history to score at least 20,000 points and dish out 10,000 assists.

Barring a career-altering/ending injury, the second person will be... LeBron James.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Players with 10,000+ assists, but fewer than 20,000 points (active players in bold):
John Stockton (19,711)
Jason Kidd (17,529)
Steve Nash (17,387)
Mark Jackson (12,489)
Magic Johnson (17,707)
Chris Paul (19,461)

I was not surprised to learn that Magic didn't make it to 20,000 points. I was surprised to learn that Stockton came the closest, on that list. I was mildly surprised to learn that Kidd scored more points in his career than Nash.

Players with 20,000+ points, but fewer than 10,000 assists (minimum 8,500) (active players in bold):
Oscar Robertson (9,887)
LeBron James (9,669)
Isiah Thomas (9,061)
Gary Payton (8,966)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Rockets have lost 20 in a row and still have a better record than the T’Wolves.
The T-Wolves hired a new coach from another team mid-season and I'd be hard pressed to name something he's done differently from the guy he replaced aside from have KAT recover from COVID and have D-Lo injure his leg.

Chris Paul just became the sixth player to tally 10,000 career assists, on a lob to DeAndre Ayton. He is 541 points away from becoming the first player in NBA history to score at least 20,000 points and dish out 10,000 assists.

Barring a career-altering/ending injury, the second person will be... LeBron James.
Might not like the public "persona" (don't know the actual man). But that is one dude who not only lived up to his pre-draft hype but blew the doors off. Signing a 100 million endorsement before playing a minute is no small hype to match.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Bad break for the Hawks last night: Clippers rallied from a 22-point second half deficit to win by 9... John Collins got into foul trouble, early in the third, and they got into a funk that they never got out of. On the one hand, If you lose because you give up 41 combined points to Terance Mann and Luke Kennard, I feel like there's nothing you can do but tip your cap, and charge that one to the game. On the other hand, I feel like I need to break out my catchphrase:

One team's dramatic comeback is another team's back-breaking choke job.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Per ESPN, Kyrie Irving did not travel with the team to Portland, and is not expected to be available for the Nets' three-game road trip. In what I'm sure is an unrelated coincidence, today is Kyrie Irving's birthday.

Honestly, I'm not even mad. I'm impressed by the flex.

Status
Not open for further replies.