[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (MAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
first trade of the season and it's Diallo going to Detroit. Not quite sure what type of roster Detroit is looking to put together but it's obvious it's all youth movement so one does have to appreciate them tanking properly especially after letting Zombie Blake go
All youth aside from Jerami Grant and Mason Plumlee for some reason

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Rockets are doing a better job on the second night of a road back-to-back against a full-strength Jazz team than they did against us.

I am more pro-Carmelo Anthony than most, and I knew it was inevitable but, still... "Melo passes Hakeem" was not a sentence that I was prepared to read.
If Hakeem was in an era of 1 and done you probably never would have had to. Even with the massive falloff and missed games Hakeem had in his last couple of seasons.

My main man Poku has looked terrible this year but finally had a breakout performance. I still really like his chances in this league. Okc with SGA, Dort, Poku and all those first rounders is going to be fun to watch these next couple years.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Saw on my news feed this morning that the Dallas Mavericks had released a statement that Shawn Bradley was struck by a car while riding his bicycle in January and was left paralyzed due to severe spinal injury. As a bike commuter (back in the office a full five days this week!) this is my worst nightmare. Get well Shawn.

Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) Tweeted:
Sources: Houston is trading PJ Tucker, Rodions Kurucs and Bucks’ 2022 first-round pick back to Milwaukee for DJ Augustin, DJ Wilson and 2023 unprotected first-round pick. Houston also gets right to swap its 2021 second-round pick for Milwaukee's FRP pick unless it falls 1-9.

Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) Tweeted:
Sources: Houston is trading PJ Tucker, Rodions Kurucs and Bucks’ 2022 first-round pick back to Milwaukee for DJ Augustin, DJ Wilson and 2023 unprotected first-round pick. Houston also gets right to swap its 2021 second-round pick for Milwaukee's FRP pick unless it falls 1-9.
The Bucks kind of have no choice but to keep adding the lunch pail guys since they don't have the value elsewhere to make deals. Those can help but taking a team over the top is unlikely.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
they may be empty stats but Porter Jr for Houston has been putting up some numbers since his Rockets debut. meanwhile, Houston is gunning for the longest losing streak in NBA history and they are determined to get Cade, Green or Kuminga under all circumstances

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
they may be empty stats but Porter Jr for Houston has been putting up some numbers since his Rockets debut. meanwhile, Houston is gunning for the longest losing streak in NBA history and they are determined to get Cade, Green or Kuminga under all circumstances
It's noteworthy that OKC can pick swap with them - and they would likely receive Miami's pick, not OKC's - UNLESS they land that top 4 pick. So that is probably enough incentive to even take on heavy fines by the NBA if they get called out.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

The real story here is that the Heat some how had an even worse jersey than those neon atrocities they trotted out against us.
I had to double take on this one a couple times. First thought: final score is 87 to 85!?? Did I go to sleep and wake up in 1992? Second thought: Why is Miami dressing up in Lakers uniforms? Have they no shame? Third thought: Call me old fashioned but I preferred it when players at least tried to match their sneakers to their uniform colors. The shot itself? Meh. DeAaron Fox does that multiple times a game.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I think the implication there is that Brad Stevens is a good coach struggling through a down year so getting Ainge to fire him would make him available for the Kings' imminent coaching vacancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.