[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JUN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be but I really don't see him breaking the bank for them.
Could just be the timing with the potential Harden extension kicking in at the same time and then Maxey the year after. In 23-24, they're literally going to be paying Embiid/Harden/Harris MINIMUM (depending what Harden gets) $120 mil lol. And Maxey is trending like a 4/90 type player

I'm not entirely sure what they're looking for, or if they're trying to use Thybulle/23 to get someone to take Danny Green too.

Would that be enough in return for Barnes? Expiring, win now, perfect fit for everything they need. 23-Thybulle-Green? Maybe take Springer from them too?

If the Sixers are desperate to open up caproom I think Barnes, Harkless, and Holiday for Harris, Thybulle and #23 would work.

It saves them $12M next season and Barnes comes off the books next season vs Harris who has another year at $39M.

And that still leaves the Kings with the #4 and Holmes as trade pieces.
Oh interesting. So the same idea we were thinking with Hayward, but we can at least be confident that Harris is going to be on the floor.

Thybulle+23 doesn't feel like enough to eat 2 years of that contract though. Tobias is probably a bit better than Barnes, but he eats ALL our cap flexibility we have built into next season.

Oh interesting. So the same idea we were thinking with Hayward, but we can at least be confident that Harris is going to be on the floor.

Thybulle+23 doesn't feel like enough to eat 2 years of that contract though. Tobias is probably a bit better than Barnes, but he eats ALL our cap flexibility we have built into next season.
True. That's basically the price to add Thybulle and #23 since Harris is only a mild upgrade from what we have with Barnes. But caproom has never been a useful tool for the Kings. Being capped out and having the MLE to sign an impact role player is probably just as useful as having $20M in cap space based on past FA signings.

True. That's basically the price to add Thybulle and #23 since Harris is only a mild upgrade from what we have with Barnes. But caproom has never been a useful tool for the Kings. Being capped out and having the MLE to sign an impact role player is probably just as useful as having $20M in cap space based on past FA signings.
I'd rather just figure out Barnes for Collins based flip and "spend" our 2023 FA budget that way. Collins is better than Tobias, he's cheaper, he's a better fit with Fox/Sabonis, he's locked up long-term and is on the perfect age timeline with everyone on the core. Pretty much anything that doesn't include 4/Davion or a 2023 Top 10 pick would be worth it in my book.

Could just be the timing with the potential Harden extension kicking in at the same time and then Maxey the year after. In 23-24, they're literally going to be paying Embiid/Harden/Harris MINIMUM (depending what Harden gets) $120 mil lol. And Maxey is trending like a 4/90 type player

I'm not entirely sure what they're looking for, or if they're trying to use Thybulle/23 to get someone to take Danny Green too.

Would that be enough in return for Barnes? Expiring, win now, perfect fit for everything they need. 23-Thybulle-Green? Maybe take Springer from them too?
If Collins is acquired then I could live with this. If he's not, then we would be hurting shooting wise if we gave up Barnes for that package.

its probably good value, but I don't know if its good roster construction.

The Nets have to sign Kyrie. They have no room to improve otherwise and would almost guarantee themselves a Durant trade demand. They can’t give into that with all the picks they sent to Houston. Run it back with Durant, Irving, Simmons and role players

Status
Not open for further replies.