[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JUN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll potentially turn Ball into the best PG in the league though.
Melo doesn't have young Harden scoring chops, but absolutely has that level of playmaking/creativity. That's as good a pairing as I can think of for him on the offensive end. Let him loose (and actually play 35-37 MPG, unlike Borego who kept his minutes down so Ish Smith could get his 18-20 MPG).

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
One things for sure though, hiring D’Antoni would only make Holmes a more appealing target for the Hornets.
I wonder if this means Miles Bridges is a lock to return? Him under that system is perfect. I'd be on the horn like now offering Holmes for Oubre. They can take the 2nd rounders on top if need be.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Of course Snyder becomes available after we hire a coach. I don’t care if people think he would coach here or not, it’s the fact we rush to hire someone way before anyone else, before playoffs were even done. At least the Lakers also hired before the announcement. Charlotte also deep in the hiring process, wonder id they would extend their search to include Snyder.
I actually think that turned out well for us. If we'd waited there would be more openings to fill and it's not like Sacramento coming off the firing of approximately 1000 head coaches in the last 15 years is ever going to be considered a desirable job. We need to make this Mike Brown hire work for the next 4 years just to begin to rebuild some credibility.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
When Joerger got hired we got lucky because he was a late firing in Memphis. I seem to remember that we were rejected by 2-3 top targets before Joerger came on the market and we snatched him up. I honestly think hiring a coach when we did was prudent, especially lining up 3 top assistants as well and if the plan was to keep Christie onboard we didn't leave him lingering around either while negotiating and he might take another offer.

Snyder absolutely would be a sexy hire but I do think Brown has the better resume, and I really like the assistants he has brought on, which to me sealed the deal that it was a good hire. Let's not look at the grass on the neighbor's lawn because we could have no grass at all.

also consider we'd be competing with the Jazz for a hire if we waited.
Co-Signed!

I bet waiting for the Snyder domino to fall created some decent leverage for the teams that waited. All these retread coaches just saw a COY candidate hit the market.

The talks about Gobert going to Atlanta are interesting. I'd imagine Collins would be going to Utah along with some other fillers. Gobert and Trae will be the worst pick and roll defense combo in the league but Gobert might finally get the ball on pick and roll offensively so there's that.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The talks about Gobert going to Atlanta are interesting. I'd imagine Collins would be going to Utah along with some other fillers. Gobert and Trae will be the worst pick and roll defense combo in the league but Gobert might finally get the ball on pick and roll offensively so there's that.
Going off of Ainge's reported demands, it would have to be something like Collins, Hunter, Okongwu, the 16th pick this year, and the 2024 1st to get it done.

Going off of Ainge's reported demands, it would have to be something like Collins, Hunter, Okongwu, the 16th pick this year, and the 2024 1st to get it done.
That's right, I forgot who they're dealing with here, lol. Gobert at 40 million a year, what a bargain. Most teams I'm sure will be more than willing to let that contract sit on Ainge's books until the end of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.