[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The TWolves have been having a hell of a season but I’m not sure how confident you can be in a franchise with Big Sawftie and Gobert as 2/3 of its big three come April and May.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
either that or he just wants to show that he has his players back. Kind of like when Brown does challenges, even if he may not win it but to just support his players with trust and belief
When has Brown saved his challenge for the last two minutes of the game? :D

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Doc wasted his final challenge but Beal bricks the free throws anyways and then Doc burns a timeout for some reason despite already having had three minutes to talk to his team with the challenge a minute earlier. And then the Bucks have a 5 second delay turnover out of the timeout.

Great coaching.

Doc wasted his final challenge but Beal bricks the free throws anyways and then Doc burns a timeout for some reason despite already having had three minutes to talk to his team with the challenge a minute earlier. And then the Bucks have a 5 second delay turnover out of the timeout.

Great coaching.
And out of nowhere Cavs and Knick become the favorites for the final at East instead of Buck and Phily ...

Tray Young choosesn to sub Embiid in the all-star game ?
Should it be changed with another C then just a player ??
or positions does not matter when it is a show game ?

I have watched maybe 10 Kings games all season so I can't really say...fill me in
i watched all 50 so far and i do not think that his happens even once , but lets say less then 3 times , cause i might missed 1 or 2 :)
but surely he shoot them much more in the first quarter then in the last 2min ...
But someone over here mantion that he might use them more as a back up for his platers (which i admire) then for really hoping it will be a winning one

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I have watched maybe 10 Kings games all season so I can't really say...fill me in
I think most people's peeves with Brown are he uses the challenges in the first half when sure "every point counts" but also maybe you really want that challenge in clutch time.

He also uses them when a guy picks up quick fouls, or a guy gets his 4th or 5th sometimes even when there is no chance of reversal.

I think the first case though is his video team/review coach telling him too. The second case is probably him being emotional, or strategic use of the challenge. But it has bit us in the rear a few times not having a challenge in clutch time.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think most people's peeves with Brown are he uses the challenges in the first half when sure "every point counts" but also maybe you really want that challenge in clutch time.

He also uses them when a guy picks up quick fouls, or a guy gets his 4th or 5th sometimes even when there is no chance of reversal.

I think the first case though is his video team/review coach telling him too. The second case is probably him being emotional, or strategic use of the challenge. But it has bit us in the rear a few times not having a challenge in clutch time.
in his defense, this season, at least thus far, the Kings are either losing by double digits or winning by double digits so those challenges are irrelevant on most nights

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I like what I see from Jaden Springer now that he's in the regular rotation for Philly. Plays hard, physical defense. Would love to see Monte make a move to get him. He can't shoot however, but put him in the gym on a regular and you can get a nice 3 & D out of him

Pistons win again! We created a monster. Jerami Grant with 49 in the loss. Jaden Ivey with one of the strangest shooting splits I’ve seen.

1-14 from 2
7-7 from 3
3-6 from the line

Status
Not open for further replies.