[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy apparently called the Kawhi signing with the Clippers back in ‘19. He had “sources”. I dunno it kinda makes sense. He is sitting out tonight. Does this story have legs?

This guy apparently called the Kawhi signing with the Clippers back in ‘19. He had “sources”. I dunno it kinda makes sense. He is sitting out tonight. Does this story have legs?
If that's true then it'd be interesting to see where he'd go... Knicks for Randle, Fournier and any picks/swaps they have left?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Welp, it looks like Embiid is done for the year thanks to Jonathan Kuminga. A torn meniscus is not a short-term injury for a normal person let alone a 7 foot 280 pound NBA player with a history of knee issues. I don't think you can just rest for a month with that injury and come back anywhere close to 100%.

If that's true then it'd be interesting to see where he'd go... Knicks for Randle, Fournier and any picks/swaps they have left?
A lot of options if it’s real:

Warriors- 2 year window for another title. CP3s expiring and Kuminga. Maybe they risk the long term with JK for a real shot with Bron while they still have Steph. Total reset in a couple years instead of “two timelines”

Okc- Giddey, Cason Wallace and picks plus filler. 2 year run at a title. If it doesn’t work out they have too many picks anyway and all their guys are young.

Cleveland- end it where it began. Trade Garland and filler. Darius is a stud but the team seems to be better with either him or D-Mitch not both.

Sac- Monte puts on his orange vest and goes big game hunting. Breaks all our hearts by trading Keegan + filler because he feels like it’s the kings best chance at a championship.

Warriors- 2 year window for another title. CP3s expiring and Kuminga. Maybe they risk the long term with JK for a real shot with Bron while they still have Steph. Total reset in a couple years instead of “two timelines”

Okc- Giddey, Cason Wallace and picks plus filler. 2 year run at a title. If it doesn’t work out they have too many picks anyway and all their guys are young.

Cleveland- end it where it began. Trade Garland and filler. Darius is a stud but the team seems to be better with either him or D-Mitch not both.

Sac- Monte puts on his orange vest and goes big game hunting. Breaks all our hearts by trading Keegan + filler because he feels like it’s the kings best chance at a championship.
I am to young Kings fan but will never ever ever trade Keegan for LeBron …
I know it sounds funny but that is dream for LA and disaster move for us …
We have to win the title this season of with some luck next …
Building the team around keegan might be longer but much better option …
At least he looks like a guy who will stay for a while instead of chasing the silver ….

Rich Paul just shot it down, so I guess all this is just food for thought (but it's fun to think about it!) Out of those you listed, I think GSW is the only real option... I can't see a Cleveland return happening, and there is no way he's going to OKC. The King as a King has a nice ring to it... and his whole NBA journey actually started in Sacramento because it's the city of his first NBA game so maaaaaaybe!? :D

hrdboild

Staff member
Dallas has a 24 point lead after the first quarter and manages to lose by double digits? At home?!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Dallas has a 24 point lead after the first quarter and manages to lose by double digits? At home?!

and here I was going to go to the Bulls thread and ask whether there is any other team in the league who can blow a 30 point lead like the Kings can and the Mavs are just about there themselves

hrdboild

Staff member
Yo! Tom Thibs is playing 4 of his starters 40+ minutes on a random night in early February (45 minutes for his All-Star guard Jalen Brunson). Does this guy ever learn from his mistakes or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.