[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PJ Tucker is an absolutely incredible defender. He gets his hand on the ball every time a guy tries to drive into the paint. He just creates turnovers. He's bowling ball strong too.

And his offense is there - he hits his 3s. I can seen now why he's been a coveted player.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
DSJ, Knox, Trier, plus a pick that could wind up being a good chance at Zion is a good start for a rebuild in New York and that's not even counting the picks from the Zinger trade.

Unfortunately, this is the Knicks and they're probably gonna screw it up by signing Jimmy Butler and Boogie to a max contract or something.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Some follow-up: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26082149/clippers-doc-rivers-uses-recognize-mavs-dirk-nowitzki

Rivers said he didn't plan the tribute, but he seized the opportunity to give Nowitzki a worthy sendoff, having regretted not having done so for the retiring Dwyane Wade when the Miami Heat visited earlier this season.

"That was just, we had a lead and I had a timeout," Rivers said. "Honestly, I didn't plan it. I just felt like he deserved that.

So... things are going to be awkward if Nowitzki actually decides not to retire, won't they?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Knicks sure picked a weird time to start doing this tanking thing wrong.
Some of their random young dudes are starting to play better and DSJ has played like a dude happy to be out of Dallas (at a certain point, people may need to acknowledge that Rick Carlisle may not be good at coaching PGs). Also helps that the Spurs are slumping hard and Orlando has probably the weirdest roster in the league.

Some of their random young dudes are starting to play better and DSJ has played like a dude happy to be out of Dallas (at a certain point, people may need to acknowledge that Rick Carlisle may not be good at coaching PGs). Also helps that the Spurs are slumping hard and Orlando has probably the weirdest roster in the league.
Their 2nd round pick Mitchell Robinson has been really good. He blocks like 5 shots a game. On reddit I've seen Knicks fans joke that they just like to pretend he was their #8 pick instead of Knox.

Know has been awful. He went 3-16 yesterday and is shooting like 36%

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Their 2nd round pick Mitchell Robinson has been really good. He blocks like 5 shots a game. On reddit I've seen Knicks fans joke that they just like to pretend he was their #8 pick instead of Knox.

Know has been awful. He went 3-16 yesterday and is shooting like 36%
The thing about Knox is that he set expectations way too high with his summer league performance (mostly the media's fault though) and hasn't been able to meet them. I think his efficiency will go back up eventually. Still really like him as a prospect.

Mitchell Robinson's rise has been fun. A good match for a bad-at-defense-but-athletic PG prospect like DSJ too. I actually really like what the Knicks have done with their roster now that Zinger's shadow is gone.

The thing about Knox is that he set expectations way too high with his summer league performance (mostly the media's fault though) and hasn't been able to meet them. I think his efficiency will go back up eventually. Still really like him as a prospect.

Mitchell Robinson's rise has been fun. A good match for a bad-at-defense-but-athletic PG prospect like DSJ too. I actually really like what the Knicks have done with their roster now that Zinger's shadow is gone.
DSJ just barely missed a dunk the other night that was so thunderous, it would have put Bertans in an early grave. I didn't realize he was that much of a high flyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.