[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers have had an easy schedule but they are on the move. I wonder what they do at the deadline if they are above .500? Will they take Turner and Buddy for 2 firsts? I hope not

Lakers have had an easy schedule but they are on the move. I wonder what they do at the deadline if they are above .500? Will they take Turner and Buddy for 2 firsts? I hope not
I am not sure Indy can make that deal , they should ditch Buddy but they are going to have a harder time moving Turner without an immediate payday.

I am not sure Indy can make that deal , they should ditch Buddy but they are going to have a harder time moving Turner without an immediate payday.
I think the rumor was that deal was on the table earlier but the Lakers balked at the second first round pick. I’m not certain on that though

I think the rumor was that deal was on the table earlier but the Lakers balked at the second first round pick. I’m not certain on that though
Oh I definitely heard that too, but when Indy shot out of the gates I don't think the tank toothpaste is going back in Indy's tube.

Oh I definitely heard that too, but when Indy shot out of the gates I don't think the tank toothpaste is going back in Indy's tube.
yeh they don’t have much of a history with tanking. They have a pretty tough schedule coming up with a couple against the Warriors and the Cavs plus the Bucks and the Celtics over their next 15 so it probably depends on now that goes. If Turner says privately he won’t resign with them that could be motivation to move him too

yeh they don’t have much of a history with tanking. They have a pretty tough schedule coming up with a couple against the Warriors and the Cavs plus the Bucks and the Celtics over their next 15 so it probably depends on now that goes. If Turner says privately he won’t resign with them that could be motivation to move him too
If Turner says that it might actually be the best thing that happens to them because giving Hali the designated rookie and paying Turner puts them strictly in build through draft territory. Pritchard is pretty adept at that though.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Man, I was looking up the Rockets draft assets for today's game thread and just noticed that they don't have the rights to their own first round pick next year in 2024 while this season they have the rights to swap picks with the Nets which they probably won't use unless the Nets are insanely unlucky and win the Wemby sweepstakes (they're currently 4th in the east somehow).

That CP3 and picks deal for Westbrook remains one of the worst trades in NBA history lol.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
There are dead people who move faster than James Harden at this point and the Lakers are still having trouble sticking with him

And the Nets JV team just beat the Pacers - in Indy.

Nets had 29 OFFENSIVE rebounds (!!!!). Pacers had 23 DEFENSIVE boards. Wow.

Pacers REALLY missed Domas tonight.
They did what King's teams of the past have done, they played down to the level of their opponent.

What was Klay Thompson doing? He leaves Beasley to wander toward the basket, apparently assuming the Jazz player was going to take the layup; leaves Beasley WIDE open for the easy catch-n-shoot.

I'm sure they miss Brown, but a 10-year vet and five-time All-Star shouldn't need a coach to tell him not to leave a strong 3-pt shooter unguarded at the 3-pt line when you're nursing a 4-pt lead.

The Pelicans might got to the finals this year if they stay healthy. They might have a problem similar to our Fox/Hali situation however. Both Zion and BI plays better and more effective when the other is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.