[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Mavs on a six game win streak. Sure, 4 of those wins have come against the Rockets, Spurs, and Lakers and the Wolves and Knicks, who they also beat have been messes but that’s still a great stretch for them considering how bleak things looked in Dallas just a week or so ago. They’re playing the Rockets again next so there’s a good chance it’ll get to seven straight (Then they play the Celtics and Pels).
that all said, I’m not sure I’d feel great about my long term position as the Mavs right now. A streak is a streak but Luka has had to go supernova in pretty much every game to keep them from getting embarrassed. Even in this Spurs game, the non-Luka Mavs did everything in their power to cough up the lead against a tanking Spurs team (they failed to grab a single rebound for the first eight or so minutes of the 4th quarter) and had to rely on Tre Jones missing the tying ft to get out of there with a win.

They still don’t have their pick this season and are already over the cap next year even before they presumably re-sign Christian Wood. Much has been made of the Kings being on an inescapable treadmill but the real treadmill team might be the Mavs.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Heat beat the Jazz on a Herro three at the buzzer. Second straight tough loss for Utah. Kinda have to wonder if Ainge starts thinking about pulling the plug on this fun Jazz run soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.