[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC/JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still early this season, but the Mavs played over their heads last year. The collective talent wasn't there. Losing JJ Berea and Seth Curry shouldn't sink a playoff team.

It was also alarming that Porzingis played a lot better when Luka was out. I didn't follow the Mavs closely, so I couldn't say why that is, but it seems like a fit/chemistry issue.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Damned shame that Basketball-Reference put their stat finder tool behind a paywall, because I'd love to know if any player in the modern NBA has had more 20/20 games, in a loss, than Andre Drummond?

Damned shame that Basketball-Reference put their stat finder tool behind a paywall, because I'd love to know if any player in the modern NBA has had more 20/20 games, in a loss, than Andre Drummond?
google says 3 players have more 20 20 games than Drummond. The dream, Charles and Superman. Not sure specific numbers. Dwight had 60+ 15 & 20 games which is a ton more than Drummond so my money would be on Howard having the most 20 20 games in a loss.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's still early this season, but the Mavs played over their heads last year. The collective talent wasn't there. Losing JJ Berea and Seth Curry shouldn't sink a playoff team.

It was also alarming that Porzingis played a lot better when Luka was out. I didn't follow the Mavs closely, so I couldn't say why that is, but it seems like a fit/chemistry issue.
There are so many different little issues with Zinger. First and foremost, he's proven to be just as injury-riddled with the Mavs as he was with the Knickerbockers, which is okay when you're a rookie but not when you're being payed max money to be the second star paired with your yyoung MVP candidate. Second, personality-wise, Porzingis is just not awesome, giving poor effort at times and displaying poor basketball IQ at other times. Also the man is just sawft in the paint. Third, Porzingis really isn't a good pick and roll player which is a huge concern when Luka is your lead ball handler. Part of this might be Carlisle refusing to run pick and roll actions for them as much as he should but Zinger spends more time parked off ball away from the the action or worse in Luka's way on a concerning amount of possessions.

Zinger got the New York media boost to the point where he was elevated to superstar status when in reality he might just be high-usage Raef Lafrentz. The problem now is that he's been so injured and bad this season and his contract is so expensive that if you try to move him, you're probably not going to get anywhere near the amount of assets back for him as what you gave up to the Knicks in the first place.

There are so many different little issues with Zinger. First and foremost, he's proven to be just as injury-riddled with the Mavs as he was with the Knickerbockers, which is okay when you're a rookie but not when you're being payed max money to be the second star paired with your yyoung MVP candidate. Second, personality-wise, Porzingis is just not awesome, giving poor effort at times and displaying poor basketball IQ at other times. Also the man is just sawft in the paint. Third, Porzingis really isn't a good pick and roll player which is a huge concern when Luka is your lead ball handler. Part of this might be Carlisle refusing to run pick and roll actions for them as much as he should but Zinger spends more time parked off ball away from the the action or worse in Luka's way on a concerning amount of possessions.

Zinger got the New York media boost to the point where he was elevated to superstar status when in reality he might just be high-usage Raef Lafrentz. The problem now is that he's been so injured and bad this season and his contract is so expensive that if you try to move him, you're probably not going to get anywhere near the amount of assets back for him as what you gave up to the Knicks in the first place.
The red flag was Scott Perry trying to swindle Valde by offering Porzingis for Fox. The contract, major injury and legal troubles made trading Porzingis for something significant difficult back then. Dallas gambled and might give away a lottery pick this year if things don't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.