[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (AUG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Also Memphis's offense is so clearly built to maximize its players talents/ when they design plays for Jonas they don't forget to also get Ja involved as well

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Meanwhile the only difference between Stotts and Walton's offensive schemes is that Dame is enough of a hero baller to just ignore him

We literally just saw De'Aaron have this same sort of performance a couple of times in the bubble.
The intensity of the game wasn’t close to this at all going toe to toe with a future y’all if fame player in a playoff game as a rookie. Completely controlling the offense something fox doesn’t do as well

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The intensity of the game wasn’t close to this at all going toe to toe with a future y’all if fame player in a playoff game as a rookie. Completely controlling the offense something fox doesn’t do as well
I realize fetishizing any non-Kings player/coach/GM/uniform/soft drink/color/sound effect/state of emotional being is sorta your brand but Ja hasn't so much controlled the Memphis offense so much as managed to score points through the mass chaos that is Portland's awful defense clashing with Memphis running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

What I will say is that Ja has shown more aggression at times here in spots where De'Aaron would probably be more willing to pass the ball off to a teammate.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Nurk having a 20/20 night with 6 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks the day his grandmother passes away from COVID-19 is a special performance.

I realize fetishizing any non-Kings player/coach/GM/uniform/soft drink/color/sound effect/state of emotional being is sorta your brand but Ja hasn't so much controlled the Memphis offense so much as managed to score points through the mass chaos that is Portland's awful defense clashing with Memphis running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

What I will say is that Ja has shown more aggression at times here in spots where De'Aaron would probably be more willing to pass the ball off to a teammate.
Morant has that “it” factor and I don’t see Fox being able to control an offense as good as Morant. Both are huge for star players

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Morant has that “it” factor and I don’t see Fox being able to control an offense as good as Morant. Both are huge for star players
I think they both have "it". The issues with Ja for me is his body (he's skinny in a way that doesn't suggest him being too capable of adding muscle over the years) and his defensive awareness. Even though Fox hasn't been a consistent defender over his career, it's also hard seeing him getting absolutely nuked like Ja has been in the fourth quarter of this game.

Make no mistake though, both guys are going to be great players for the next decade plus

Status
Not open for further replies.