[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (AUG/SEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors max Draymond.
Max extension. Which is a surprising discount. If he waited for free agency he could have gotten way more.

Extension: $99,666,363 over four years ($24,916,591 annually)

Max re-signing: $204 million over five years ($39 million annually)

Max signing elsewhere: $151 million over four years ($38 million annually)

Super-max re-signing: $238 million over five years ($46 million annually)*

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-draymond-green-signing-four-160047836.html

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Max extension. Which is a surprising discount. If he waited for free agency he could have gotten way more.
He could have, hypothetically... or, he could not have. He could have opted to bet on himself, and then torn his achilles. Draymond Green is not Kevin Durant: nobody is offering him a max deal to rehab for a year.

I think, generally speaking, if a player gets offered a long-term max extension, from a place they don't actually want to leave, they take it. If you want to stay, anyway, you're usually better off with that guaranteed money.

Michael Porter Jr posted Adam Silver's phone number and e-mail on his snapchat. At first I thought it might've been a small slip up that was accidentally included... but nope, a full pledged picture of his contact information. I never got this impression from him, but... he might be a bit... you know...dumb. Notice in the entire picture, he actually captions: "Lunch Yet?"

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Michael Porter Jr posted Adam Silver's phone number and e-mail on his snapchat. At first I thought it might've been a small slip up that was accidentally included... but nope, a full pledged picture of his contact information. I never got this impression from him, but... he might be a bit... you know...dumb. Notice in the entire picture, he actually captions: "Lunch Yet?"
New all-star event idea: An academic decathlon between D'Russ and MPJ with the loser having to quit social media for life.

Woah, dare I say he actually does look bigger? Why couldn't he really does this with us though...

His main issue with us was his inconsistent shooting. He improved quite a bit from his rookie to sophomore year. If he takes a while to adjust the same way he did in college, he could develop into a pretty solid player over the next two years. I don't think he would have been traded if a guy like Barnes wasn't available.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I was listening to the radio the other day on the way home, and it was the afternoon ESPN radio show. One of the hosts was whining about Harden’s historic season and how he had such a solid point to be the MVP. “What Giannis did IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE was good. What Harden did was HISTORIC!”

Then the other guy asked “What’s arguably the most important stat in judging a players value?” The first guy says “PERS.” The other guy answers “Yeah. And Giannis had a higher PERS than Harden.”

Got a hearty chuckle out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.