[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (APR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone watched Cojo since the trade? I haven't seen any games but it appears he has made an impact with the pistons. 27 assists and 10 steals in 5 games. Belly hasnt don't much for the Heat so far

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
this NBA season has been about as up and down and random as I've ever witnessed but considering the circumstances the globe is facing, that is to be expected. Players showing up mentally to play game in and game out simply isn't there and the scoreboards show us that.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
if Justin couldn't get some playing time on a G-league roster in OKC he may be destined to end up in China or Turkey or other Euro leagues

I remember watching him in the final four and just did not look good. I was very unhappy when we did not select Donovan Mitchell and traded down for him and Giles.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Irving makes some of the most toughest and contested shots I've seen since Kobe and T-Mac and he is so fluid in all his movements, truly a magician

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It's the lukewarmest of takes, but McLemore's ability to positively impact that team will be directly proportional to LeBron James' availability. If LeBron is healthy, he's a great get.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
So, the Hawks won their fourth game in a row, behind 30 points from Trae Young. and have taken over sole possession of fourth place in the eastern conference. Meanwhile, the Celtics got bodied at home by Philadelphia, and have dropped to a game below .500.

And this is your friendly reminder that Boston was one of three teams in the eastern conference that had two All-Stars, prior to the trade deadline. And Atlanta is not one of the other two.

So, the Hawks won their fourth game in a row, behind 30 points from Trae Young. and have taken over sole possession of fourth place in the eastern conference. Meanwhile, the Celtics got bodied at home by Philadelphia, and have dropped to a game below .500.

And this is your friendly reminder that Boston was one of three teams in the eastern conference that had two All-Stars, prior to the trade deadline. And Atlanta is not one of the other two.
Boston is basically a better version of the Kings, they are simply too small.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
it's one of those rare nights where ESPN isn't airing a Lakers, Clippers, Bucks, Sixers, Warriors or Nets game and I approve of this

Teams that passed on Poku are going to look awfully silly, 7 footer with great passing and ball handling what a missed chance. Best talent/potential to ever come out of Serbia.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
^ yeah Slim I was watching that game too and I was telling myself that this form of basketball needs to change. maybe when players down the road stop imitating players like Curry, Trae or Dame things will change but until then, I won't hold my breath

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So, last night, Damion Lee had a clear line to the basket, with his team down one, and a chance to win the game. Instead of taking the layup, he tries to make a bad pass out for a three-pointer. The ball gets stolen, and his team loses.

The three-point shot has ruined basketball.
I had a longer response, but I'm gonna shorten it up: At this point, over 76% of all NBA games ever played and over 92% of NBA games played in your lifetime have used the three-point shot. You're apparently still watching.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I had a longer response, but I'm gonna shorten it up: At this point, over 76% of all NBA games ever played and over 92% of NBA games played in your lifetime have used the three-point shot. You're apparently still watching.
Call it insanity, if you like, then, but I don't care for the insinuation that I have been anything other than consistent in my antipathy for the three-point shot.

The three-point shot has been around for most of my lifetime but, for at least the statistical majority of that time, it has been a fringe gimmick that I could tolerate. In the last decade or so, it has become a gimmick that has overrun the game I loved, and has reduced the aspect of the game that is most relevant to my interests (interior play) into the fringe. I fell in love with the game because of centers: guards don't interest me, most wings don't, either. Hell, part of why I like the WNBA so much is because low-post players still matter in that league. And the three-point shot has always existed for the W, so it's not a concept that they had to re-create offenses around: they shoot a lot of threes, as well, but unless you've got a Diana Taurasi on your team, it's probably still going to come down to a big, to make something happen.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Call it insanity, if you like, then, but I don't care for the insinuation that I have been anything other than consistent in my antipathy for the three-point shot.

I never intended to insinuate anything of the sort. I acknowledge that you have been nothing but consistent on that point. I won't call it insanity as I don't think that's what it is. I just don't think the game is "ruined enough" for you to stop watching.

The three-point shot has been around for most of my lifetime but, for at least the statistical majority of that time, it has been a fringe gimmick that I could tolerate. In the last decade or so, it has become a gimmick that has overrun the game I loved, and has reduced the aspect of the game that is most relevant to my interests (interior play) into the fringe. I fell in love with the game because of centers: guards don't interest me, most wings don't, either.
This is a fair point, as analytics have pushed the game towards more three pointers (but also more shots at the rim) over the past decade. The reduction of interior play, also, is an objection you have been consistent about.

Status
Not open for further replies.