[NBA] Comments that don’t warrant a thread (MAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

Can't believe the media just coming out and saying this. Jokic def seems like one of the more interesting dudes in the league. If he was in LA they'd be printing endless fawning pieces about his horses, the legacy of Serbian and Balkan basketball, and every other thing they could up with
Amick was talking about this on rue radio this morning. Jokic and his personal team are pretty closed off to the media, and then based on numbers from The Athletic people just don’t read about the Denver Nuggets.

Can't believe the media just coming out and saying this. Jokic def seems like one of the more interesting dudes in the league. If he was in LA they'd be printing endless fawning pieces about his horses, the legacy of Serbian and Balkan basketball, and every other thing they could up with
All I hear is, "I'm to lazy to do my job. No one talks about them on Twitter or Instagram so I dont have any sources to steal from."
Amick was talking about this on rue radio this morning. Jokic and his personal team are pretty closed off to the media, and then based on numbers from The Athletic people just don’t read about the Denver Nuggets.
That is all about to change here in a few weeks...Once the Nuggets win the championship. Media won't have a choice, then, but to RESPECT the Nuggets.

The National media has had almost no feel for what interests the public for a while. They just force feed a handful of teams down everyone's throat and assume it's what they want. Put teams that are good and fun to watch, and the fans will watch. I know most fans I talk to are beyond tired of hearing about nothing but the Lakers (no matter how good it bad they are).

Ricky Davis says the league used be grown men only. Back in his day, real men went to the club the night before games and got liquored up on tequila. Those real men played with broken bones and torn tendons. Nowadays the league only allows boys. Xbox instead of clubs is soft.

All these years later and he is still as big of a knucklehead as he was back in Iowa. Too bad because the guy had a ton of talent.

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/old-school/ricky-davis-thinks-the-nba-lost-a-sense-of-camaraderie

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Ricky Davis says the league used be grown men only. Back in his day, real men went to the club the night before games and got liquored up on tequila. Those real men played with broken bones and torn tendons. Nowadays the league only allows boys. Xbox instead of clubs is soft.

All these years later and he is still as big of a knucklehead as he was back in Iowa. Too bad because the guy had a ton of talent.

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/old-school/ricky-davis-thinks-the-nba-lost-a-sense-of-camaraderie
don't necessarily agree with the majority of his views but I can respect the last part of the article that there is a reason why so many former players are trashing the current NBA because of their desire to team up versus face one another. Let's remember how great of a showdown it was to see Wade vs Bron time and time again.

don't necessarily agree with the majority of his views but I can respect the last part of the article that there is a reason why so many former players are trashing the current NBA because of their desire to team up versus face one another. Let's remember how great of a showdown it was to see Wade vs Bron time and time again.
eh, I think that’s pretty overblown. The 23, 22 and 21 champs are built around homegrown talent. Only a handful of stars have joined together to form super teams and not all of them have been successful. I don’t think it the epidemic the “back in my day” guys think it is.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
eh, I think that’s pretty overblown. The 23, 22 and 21 champs are built around homegrown talent. Only a handful of stars have joined together to form super teams and not all of them have been successful. I don’t think it the epidemic the “back in my day” guys think it is.
doesn't need to be an epidemic but it's proper to call it out when it happens. We all want competition and parity, most of us at least and this year is providing plenty of it. Lots of big names were injured but it's heading in a good direction since there will be another new champion and another chance for a franchise to get their first in it's history in the likes of the Raps' ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.