[NBA] Comments that don’t warrant a thread (MAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The Grizzlies informed Dillon Brooks that he will not be brought back “Under any circumstances”

lol

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
If we cry for a championship will they award us like they did Embiid ****ing embarrassing
I know this was rhetorical but the answer is no. They will stomp on us and say it's our fault. :rolleyes: It'll only make it that much sweeter when we do win one though, right?

I mean, almost never greener, right? Maybe we just have to go and watch the tape to determine whether it's actually greener or maybe it was just some bad lighting?
Ok, I should clarify. When you fire an obviously good coach. Or maybe I'm just a jaded Kings fan after we got rid of Adelman and Malone.

Unless he totally lost Giannis, firing a winner like Bud will almost certainly blow up in their face.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I can understand it from Milwaukee's perspective, two years ago lost in the semis and this year lost in the first round. Players are simply not responding to what he has to preach anymore.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
stumbled upon this video today in my feed and all these perspectives from former players is very interesting, I'd recommend having a look.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
View attachment 11935

They won the championship last year.
This has got to be the most entitled and miserable fanbase in existence.

Still hope someone pops the Lakers fans in the mouth, but at least they've seen enough good and bad come through they recognize which is which. Most of Dubs nation calling for Kerr's head only knows Kerr and I guess kinda/sorta Walton and Brown as coach. I imagine thanks to the former they're convinced the team will coach itself.

Do you think Brook Lopez is a hall of famer?

His career has been a lot more special than I think most people realize since it’s been sort of a two parter of being a main option to high impact role player /defensive anchor. I can see him performing at his level to age 40 as well.

Surviving the sudden league wide transformation away from traditional bigs and adapting so quickly while maintaining his big man qualities is pretty remarkable on its own.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I thought no one can be more stupid than Lakers fans. I stand corrected.
I compared the fanbases to old money vs. new money. Both can be incredibly obnoxious at all times but one group just lacks any sense of decorum that you would expect with a dynasty because it all came fast and it can be gone just as quickly.

They deserve a 17 year playoff drought.

Do you think Brook Lopez is a hall of famer?

His career has been a lot more special than I think most people realize since it’s been sort of a two parter of being a main option to high impact role player /defensive anchor. I can see him performing at his level to age 40 as well.

Surviving the sudden league wide transformation away from traditional bigs and adapting so quickly while maintaining his big man qualities is pretty remarkable on its own.
Hmmm.

No. I love Brook, he's an incredible player, but I just don't think you can put Brook in the same grouping as Shaq/Wilt/KAJ/Hakeem/Dwight, etc. Perfect example of a "Hall of very good" but just doesn't have the resume to justify it.

Now if he plays another 4-5 years as a dominant defensive C, racks up some All-defensive teams, maybe spikes a DPOY (he probably should have won this year tbh), wins a ring or 2.... Maybe you consider it then. If he retired tomorrow? Gonna be a no from me.

Hmmm.

No. I love Brook, he's an incredible player, but I just don't think you can put Brook in the same grouping as Shaq/Wilt/KAJ/Hakeem/Dwight, etc. Perfect example of a "Hall of very good" but just doesn't have the resume to justify it.

Now if he plays another 4-5 years as a dominant defensive C, racks up some All-defensive teams, maybe spikes a DPOY (he probably should have won this year tbh), wins a ring or 2.... Maybe you consider it then. If he retired tomorrow? Gonna be a no from me.
You may be right. My post was based on some false memories

For some reason I could’ve sworn Brook Lopez had multiple All Star selections as a member of the Nets. I was surprised to see he only had one All Star selection from his decade there. 2013. That’s pretty much the extent of his accolades with the Nets.

I had thought he had about 3 or 4. So we were looking at a former perennial all star who transformed into an all defense stretch big in the modern NBA…but his Nets tenure was shockingly undecorated outside of some good numbers and a good contract.

Upon review, the second half of his career has been more decorated as far as awards and recognition go than his career as a go to scoring option.

So I’ll agree, it will probably take 3-4 more seasons at his current level to get him there.

To me the bar isn’t the absolute best like Hakeem/Shaq/Kareem, etc.. There are other centers in the hall of fame that aren’t quite in that tier either but do belong there. Lopez can be one of those guys but it will probably need to be a “he was really good for 20 years” induction. Longevity at the highest level of play can go a long way when it’s over.

but I agree, it’s not enough today

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

considering the fact Randle has at least shown a little bit of an ability to play next to another big man, I’m pretty sure the Wolves would rather have Randle than KAT too
I'd have to agree with Stephen here. Julius is a slightly more emotionally balanced Boogie and his performance in these Playoffs haven't been very good so it's time to try to sell high and get Brunson some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.