[NBA] Comments that don’t warrant a thread (MAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You may be right. My post was based on some false memories

For some reason I could’ve sworn Brook Lopez had multiple All Star selections as a member of the Nets. I was surprised to see he only had one All Star selection from his decade there. 2013. That’s pretty much the extent of his accolades with the Nets.

I had thought he had about 3 or 4. So we were looking at a former perennial all star who transformed into an all defense stretch big in the modern NBA…but his Nets tenure was shockingly undecorated outside of some good numbers and a good contract.

Upon review, the second half of his career has been more decorated as far as awards and recognition go than his career as a go to scoring option.

So I’ll agree, it will probably take 3-4 more seasons at his current level to get him there.

To me the bar isn’t the absolute best like Hakeem/Shaq/Kareem, etc.. There are other centers in the hall of fame that aren’t quite in that tier either but do belong there. Lopez can be one of those guys but it will probably need to be a “he was really good for 20 years” induction. Longevity at the highest level of play can go a long way when it’s over.

but I agree, it’s not enough today
If there's a high-value roleplaying center in the league right now who has an outside shot at the Hall of Fame, it's not Brook Lopez, it's Al Horford. Don't forget that it's the Basketball Hall of Fame, not the Pro Basketball Hall of Fame.

Masai Ujiri hitting the “hire whoever was on the TV last” portion of his career I guess
If he actually gets the job without going through the coaching ranks that is malpractice by whoever hires him. Steve Kerr and Steve Nash got to jump the ranks but JJ Redick is just a bad hot take machine without an ounce of the resume and experience of those other two guys

the Lakers continually losing their young good players because they maxed out their credit cards on old middling vets will never not be funny to me.

I don’t know who to believe here. Shams colleague Sam says that that is the max the Lakers can offer directly but that they will have the right to match any offer and that the first 2 years have to be the mid level. (Second year 5 percent raise) So then it comes down to the Lakers want to match a 12 14 28 28 contract. I’d still think the answer would be yes given their Upcoming cap situation

the Lakers continually losing their young good players because they maxed out their credit cards on old middling vets will never not be funny to me.

I think Reaves would actually be an excellent buy for all these teams

-Rockets with Jalen Green. Get an actual good player that plays winning basketball on this mostly selfish roster.
-Spurs have no real building block at guard. But would be excellent if they win Scoot
-Jazz have no building block at guard
-Would be a perfect slot at the 2. Shai-Reaves-Giddey-Jdub-Chet? They could use his shooting bad
-He'd be awesome next to Hali, but I think they need to figure out where Ben Mathurin plays most of his time. At the 2 or 3. Also Nembhard had an excellent rookie season, he needs to stay involved.
-Magic have no building block at guard. Would look excellent next to Fultz, who had a sneaky solid resurgence season.
-Pistons could still work if you put Cade at the 3. Like the spacing he could provide Ivey and Cade.

Status
Not open for further replies.