Natt is not respected

Entity

Hall of Famer
Not sure if he is even liked by anybody on the team or his assistant coaches.

As some of you know I live 2 hrs from Atlanta and thats the only Kings game I get to see in person every year. I you look back at the game I am the dark haired guy sitting behind Shareef (nice guy btw more later).

Anyway to my point. before the game players are talking to assistants and vice versa. Nobody talks to Natt. during the game the only assistant on top of things is Jason Hahm. When Kevin was sitting in the 2nd quarter for a while finally Jason yelled at Natt to put Kevin in and look very pissed about it. Then when Kevin came in for Cisco instead of McCants Hahm had a look of disbelief toward Natt as did Cisco as he said just before he sat down "This makes no f**kn sense and Hahm agreed. Meanwhile Shareef and Pete (I shook his hand btw) are screaming to give it to Spencer in the post the whole game and the few times they did Pete says "thats all day if he would call it"

At one point in the 1st half Jason Thompson was wide open under the basket only for Kevin to take the 20 ft jumper. Jason looks to the bench with arms wide open and the bench agreed as they all jumped up when he didn't receive the pass. Shareef just shakes his head. No player was vocal on the bench aside from Donte and his high fives after a three. I made Thompson laugh one time as I told him to make Zha Zha fall down.

during our freethrows Mike Bibby asking me and my brother in law if we missed him then asking the assistants and Shareef. He kept saying it.

I asked Shareef just before halftime to bring me a stat sheet when he comes back out because you don't get full stats anywhere in the arena. I went to smoke during halftime and upon my return the guys were already warming up and in my seat lay the first half stat sheet that all the coaches and press members get. When he came over to sit he asked me and made sure that I got it. Nice guy. Oh and Calvin Booth is just as ugly in person.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Doesn't surprise me much. These things happen on the worst team in the league. I do think one of Natts biggest weaknesses is his substitution pattern. Half the time he looks clueless out there. His play calling leaves a lot to be desired to. Spencer does need more touches, as does JT.

One good thing that will come out of this if it it true is that we should continue to lose games. It doesn't bother me at all if it helps us on draft night, and I don't think Natt will be here next year.

I think what you said pretty much sums up... well I'm not gonna say it because pretty much everyone else already knows what I'll say...

Checklist for Kings

• Coach
  • Point Guard

Entity

Hall of Famer
I really liked Hahm's attitude. He is the only guy communicating with the players. Randy Brown did as well. The rest are just there. Kalamien just mirrors whatever Natt does. Carrill and SAR just sit back and critique.

Cool write up.

Ive always liked Hahm, he tells it like it is... he seems very down to earth. If we are going wellfare this year in our coaching search, I wouldnt mind him.

Ah yes, Jason Hamm, the former video coordinator for Memphis that turned that into an Assistants job under Muss because he knew him......can't wait for him to lead our team so we get the first pick again next year. :rolleyes:

Natt is not a head coach and probably will never be a head coach in this league again. If we are going on the cheap than turn to an Assistant Coach in the league that has some experience being a head coach somewhere. If not spend some money to hire an established coach....you need to bet big to win big.

Theres so many good coaches out there this coming summer id much rather us make a long term commitment to a decent coach and end this continual hiring and firing. We need stability if were going to rebuild with a proper system.

Wow, very interesting thanks for sharing Entity. Maybe it truly shows this team is trying to tank and nobody is in on it but Petrie, the Maloofs, and Natt (I would hope at least! :D)

Kings management said they were hiring Natt because the team needed, "a different voice." Apparently, the mute button was pushed long ago on Natt by Kings players, coaches, officials, fans, etc. At least Theus had respect of the players, was liked by them - they said as much repeatedly. Perhaps they didn't love Assistant Coach Chuck Person (obviously management didn't) but facts of the situation speak loudly. Theus won 6 games earlier this season (seems like years ago) before he was fired and now Mr. New Voice has won 8 leading the Kings to a laughing stock train wreck 14-54.

Natt is a company man. He'll lose and make the team lose as best he can. The problem is the team is wasting time they could be using to give the big guys plays and develop. At least Theus seemed to show growth with his young talent.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Natt is a company man. He'll lose and make the team lose as best he can. The problem is the team is wasting time they could be using to give the big guys plays and develop. At least Theus seemed to show growth with his young talent.

Now that one probably is not fair --whether it be Natt or Geoff, the minutes for the young bigs have been FAR more consistent in teh last couple of mon ths than they ever were under Reggie I-have-a-man-crush-on-Mikki Theus. Might just be the natural development of the kids, but we're finally getting what we need on that front. Now actual plays called for them? That's going to have to wait for a real coach who can come in and kick a little little man *** on all our guards who think that you can win playing outside in.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
I remember in the first quarter of the Hawks game, right after Spencer did the behind-the-back dribble he passed it to Kevin and JT was wide open under the basket with his hands up. Instead Kevin passed it back to Nocioni for a 3. He made it, but makes me wonder why Kevin didn't pass it to Thompson...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I really liked Hahm's attitude. He is the only guy communicating with the players. Randy Brown did as well. The rest are just there. Kalamien just mirrors whatever Natt does. Carrill and SAR just sit back and critique.
His name is Hamm.

What a fantastic experience

sounds (reads) like you took full advantage of it with your communication with staff/bench. Good for you for being so assertive.

As a Kings fan in SoCal who can't afford a seat behind the bench in Staples I am completely jealous.

I think this team needs discipline. If we get a new coach it will have to be some1 who is respected and im not sure whether a new coach with no experience will be able to demand that respect.